Ferrari Challenge licensed to System 3

I think you're reading it wrong. It says System 3 have the rights to publish Ferrari games on those listed platforms. It doesn't say the rights are exclusive and that other companies aren't allowed to produce Ferrari games. Perhaps someone else has already got the Ferrari rights for XB360?

I think you're reading it wrong. It says System 3 have the rights to publish Ferrari games on those listed platforms. It doesn't say the rights are exclusive and that other companies aren't allowed to produce Ferrari games. Perhaps someone else has already got the Ferrari rights for XB360?

I thought System 3 were making a Ferrari game but weren't making it for the Xbox360? Upon reading again, apparently they're not making Ferrari games for the Xbox360 at all. I didn't say anything about exclusivity or other companies or licensing. I just thought that it was odd because Xbox brand has usually gotten almost all games with Ferraris.

Does seem a little odd, I thought Microsoft paid a shedload of cash to Ferrari to get them in PGR3.

I didn't make mention of it as a couple of sites I looked at with this news did say 360 as well as PS3.

While you can license Ferrari vehicles and put them in your game, you cannot use the company's name in your title without going through System 3. (Odds are a licensed game will have "Ferrari" in its title.)

It reads as though Ferrari is shoring up its brand in some markets (Nintendo and Sony) but not in others (X360 and PC).

A little bit later than advertised.....

ferraricha251520l.jpg

http://news.spong.com/article/13486?cb=751

Big unveiling at Liepzig.

If that screenshot proves to be ingame then it's looking promising.

(Odds are a licensed game will have "Ferrari" in its title.)

Not really, most games with licenced ferrari's don't have Ferrari in their title. (PGR,Forza, GT5 , TDU and early NFS) Only time ferrari is used in the name if its they only have ferrari's.

(maybe im misreading you)

It reads as though Ferrari is shoring up its brand in some markets (Nintendo and Sony) but not in others (X360 and PC).

AFAIK MGS paid a lot for Ferrari Licences in the past, maybe they own them for their platforms?

I'm really looking forward to the wii version, wonder if they took the effort to create a good looking game. I'm a big Ferrari fan but no way im spending 600euro's on a ps3 so I hope the wii version is good.

Does this have all the Ferrari cars ever in the game btw (and race cars)?

Anyway, I'm more interested in the driving model than gfx of this game, should be fun on Wii if their promises of most accurate motion sensing used in driving game ever holds true

Kind of a misnomer imo. More accurate "motion sensing" used in a driving game... so do they mean gestures? Ok, but that doesn't say much. But if they mean hooking it up to a device and treating it like a wheel... then I have serious doubts as there are some really nice wheels on the market, and have been for many years.

I made a topic about this game a while ago, seems there already was one. Anyway the first wii and ds screens are out and its not good.

phpThumb.php

phpThumb.php

phpThumb.php

phpThumb.php

phpThumb.php

phpThumb.php

Well thats another game I can scrap from my to buy list :') Even de dreamcast version looked better than this. I really do wonder how these devs manage to make a game that actually looks worse than the prequal they made almost a decade ago...

Check http://games.fok.nl/news.php?newsid=20350 for big versions.

The Wii version doesn't look too bad, if you ask me. And I'm not known for being apologistic toward the Wii graphical capabilities. :devilish:

It's definitely not a technical showcase, but it's not terrible or anything close once compared to other Wii racing titles (or PS2/Xbox/GC racers). It's not coming close to X360/PS3 races, but it would be unrealistic to expect that turn of events to happen, really. Not to mention that System 3 is working on multiple versions on the same time, doesn't have the head count or the budget dev houses like, say, Polyphony Digital or Bizzare Creation have.

ferrari2.jpg

ferrari3.jpg

ferrari4.jpg

It's not the best one could expect from the Wii, but it's not a disaster on the same proportions of Midway's Cruis'in game or some other Wii shovelware.

The DS version looks horrendous, though, even for the platform.

The DC version almost looks better so I dont think this is what you could expect of a wii version. You could with a lazy dev like s3 apperantly is but cmon, how much effort can it be to atleast make decent looking cars and use some decent textures? NFS pro street for Wii looks alot better and EA isnt exactly known for putting alot of efforts in its games, especially not the Wii gfx department.

You could with a lazy dev like s3

From what Farid says, it sounds like what you call "lazy" is what most people call "underfunded" and "understaffed." And EA's done quite nicely with graphics on Wii. They've had some misses, such as Tiger Woods, but Madden and Boogie both go out of their way to take advantage of the available hardware.

People remember Dreamcast games with a heavy dose of nostalgia IMO.

From what Farid says, it sounds like what you call "lazy" is what most people call "underfunded" and "understaffed." And EA's done quite nicely with graphics on Wii. They've had some misses, such as Tiger Woods, but Madden and Boogie both go out of their way to take advantage of the available hardware.

People remember Dreamcast games with a heavy dose of nostalgia IMO.

How long can it take to make a sharp texture? I dont believe that people who make a living making art assets cant produce a sharp texture in roughly the same time as the blurry junk in the screenshots. They do a ps3 version too so they will have sharp textures/high res models anyway. It cant be that time consuming to make a decent wii version.

It seems they do.

ferrari6b.jpg

Wii version looks loads better. Blurry textures aside/

I actually think this car model looks as good, or better than the Wii version. Atleast it doesnt has the craptastic blurry textures. I mean, look at the pirelli texture on the back, its impossible that they are so underfunded/employed that they cant stick on a sharp pirelli texture.

Atleast it doesnt has the craptastic blurry textures. I mean, look at the pirelli texture on the back, its impossible that they are so underfunded/employed that they cant stick on a sharp pirelli texture.

Pretty much the only texture is on the back of that car. And the Wii version doesn't have a good enough close-up to see what the pirelli texture looks like.

Back