new psn game stardust HD=1080p+10,000obj+phy+collision @60fps

Isn't that something Sony have instilled in PSN titles? I don't know the whole library, but from what I've seen about the titles on there, they've had the quality kept very high. Lemmings, Super-Rub-A-Dub, flOw, and that racey game, are all high quality productions. Is there anything (apart from the shabby retro stuff) that's low quality on PSN?

Cash Guns Chaos....

Has it hit 30K users yet? (SSHD that is).

30,000 x $8= $240,000.

Not bad for it's first week right? I mean, a budget for a game like this has got to be what, around $500K at the most? Once the PS3 user base builds up, the PSN is a cash cow for people.

If this game sold 1 million, that would be $8,000,000!!!!!!! The reason that number is shocking is because SO LITTLE goes into advertising these PSN titles, and there is little to no advertising costs, no materials expended for packaging, and there isn't any money required (for the most part) for distribution.

I'm scared to think what the profit margins on arcade titles like these have to be.

Cash Guns Chaos....

Has it hit 30K users yet? (SSHD that is).

30,000 x $8= $240,000.

Not bad for it's first week right? I mean, a budget for a game like this has got to be what, around $500K at the most? Once the PS3 user base builds up, the PSN is a cash cow for people.

If this game sold 1 million, that would be $8,000,000!!!!!!! The reason that number is shocking is because SO LITTLE goes into advertising these PSN titles, and there is little to no advertising costs, no materials expended for packaging, and there isn't any money required (for the most part) for distribution.

I'm scared to think what the profit margins on arcade titles like these have to be.

27,460 at the moment. Been out 6 days now.

You have to consider some people are sharing the game with their friends. So technically it's less sales than that. But still, I guess it's respectable.

The game should have legs too for a least a few months. It seems to be getting very good word of mouth coverage.

Back