Exclusive Content in PS3 Spider-Man*

I dunno man...these shots specifically don't look like HD ps2 games.
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/a...an-3-collectors-edition-20070222035625552.jpg
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/a...an-3-collectors-edition-20070222035621287.jpg
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/887/887284/image_frame.html?image_id=9&screenshot_id=4346336
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/887/887284/image_frame.html?image_id=7&screenshot_id=4346329

Of course they are not amazing graphically, but I personally don't expect them to. To be fair, the movie comes out in a couple months, so they pretty much have strict deadlines to meet compared to other titles that must be made. Couple that with the fact they are multiplatform so I don't expect them to get the most out of the PS3 or 360.

Let them be fun and run at a smooth framerate, is all I ask. I don't care about the graphics in this game specifically.

Do you notice that there are no pictures for the PS2 version of this game available?

I think it is because they are so similar to the PS3 version they don't want to post them because then people would only purchase the PS2 version.

They don't want a firestorm of bad publicity about the PS3 version.

Do you notice that there are no pictures for the PS2 version of this game available?

I think it is because they are so similar to the PS3 version they don't want to post them because then people would only purchase the PS2 version.

They don't want a firestorm of bad publicity about the PS3 version.

I'm going to leave this thread now. :LOL:

The fact the Sony owns the rights to the movie probably means they own the rights to games based on the movies. Which probably means they didn't pay Activision anything but kindly hinted that if they didn't do anything they wouldn't get the contract next time. Or something similar.

That one reason why I always wondered Sony didnt make Spiderman exclusive to the Playstation

That one reason why I always wondered Sony didnt make Spiderman exclusive to the Playstation

Sony Pictures and Metro Goldwyn Meyer are huge film companies. If all games based on their games were made by Sony game studios we probably wouldn't see any other games from Sony. Plus different divisions of Sony are fairly independent.

Sony Pictures and Metro Goldwyn Meyer are huge film companies. If all games based on their games were made by Sony game studios we probably wouldn't see any other games from Sony. Plus different divisions of Sony are fairly independent.

Sorry if I sound a bit stupid but I kind of lost you :p

Sorry if I sound a bit stupid but I kind of lost you :p

I meant that Sony owns rights to gazillion films and licencing some of them to 3rd party game publishers is the best option for Sony. In addition, Sony Pictures is fairly independent to Sony Games Studios and they don't have to ask Sony Games whether or not they want to make a game on this particular game. Keep in mind that deal between Sony and Activision might be valid for another several years.

I meant that Sony owns rights to gazillion films and licencing some of them to 3rd party game publishers is the best option for Sony. In addition, Sony Pictures is fairly independent to Sony Games Studios and they don't have to ask Sony Games whether or not they want to make a game on this particular game. Keep in mind that deal between Sony and Activision might be valid for another several years.

a one or two games though on certain franchises might have been more beneficial for them I think.

The Spiderman games for example are one of the most highly demanded superhero titles. Making such a title exclusive to their console might have raised reputation for the PS3.

a one or two games though on certain franchises might have been more beneficial for them I think.

The Spiderman games for example are one of the most highly demanded superhero titles. Making such a title exclusive to their console might have raised reputation for the PS3.

I believe Howard Stringer has been at his post since 2005. When was the Spiderman game deal signed or resigned? I get the feeling that if people like Stringer and Harrison had been in the positions they're in now back when the original deal was made, a game like Spiderman would have been exclusive to the Playstation family. Stringer in particularly seems to really be pushing the synergy angle, with the different divisions being able to compliment each other. Especially with HD (HD content, HD displays, HD players).

Back