PSU: Time0 Exclusive Interview (PS3 & Xbox 360)

PSU: Time0 Exclusive Interview

PSU: The tech demo was shown on Xbox 360 hardware, will Time 0 be seen on other platforms PS3? Wii?

Troha: That depends on the publisher to great extent. We'd like to have TimeO on both the PS3 and the Xbox 360. I am not sure about the Wii, though. I think it's a great platform, but our engine is just to complex to port to the Wii at this point. We are definitely planning to develop for the Wii, though.

:cry:

PSU: In terms of the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, what are you finding most exciting/helpful about the hardware that is helping Time0 shape into a great new title?

Troha: The Xbox360 has a great tool chain, and I am sure PlayStation3 will soon catch up. PS3is a bleeding edge technology, in a good way, of course, and it's understandable to have some hiccups. I find it essential that customers have the possibility of choice. This drives progress, which at the end is beneficial primarily to customers, not necessarily to Microsoft or Sony. Maybe what I like most about PS3 is the devkit. It's an amazing piece of hardware & a black, sleek, rack-mountable monolith, with LEDs and switches. Awesome!

PSU: What is the top resolution (1080p?) and frame rate you are looking to achieve in Time0?

Troha: Currently the game runs smoothly at 720p on an Xbox360. As for PS3, we'll have to do some more porting and optimizing to see what we can achieve.

time0_04.jpg

time0_new_01.jpg

The developers at zootfly have some serious technology up and running in this game!

On the tech section of the website I was darned impressed by the engine they've put together (Xubi)..

However on another note, I was most impressed by this:-

Xubl is a complete state-of-the-art game engine, designed for the first and third person action adventures. The features and performance are equal or better to those of upcoming high-end engines.

Xubl supports such features as HDR, PRT, parallax mapping, steep parallax mapping, normal mapping, dynamic portals, occluders, volumetric fog, extreme poly count, full dynamics including vehicle and rag doll physics, complex animations, procedural particle system, powerful sound support, superb AI and much more.

Xubl is a three-level design. The majority of Xubl comprises of the abstract, platform independent engine, based on plug-ins. About 1/6 is platform dependent engine, while a small fraction is platform core level, which includes both dependent and independent interfaces.

Unlike other engines, Xubl is tightly integrated with Alias Maya. Migration time and consequent expenses that burden game development are becoming progressively significant with the ascent of the nex-gen techology.

Platform independence, complex architecture, PRT, HDR, parallax and steep parallax mapping, dynamic real-time soft shadows, single and multiplayer, Xbox and PC, artificial intelligence, indoors and outdoors, hsr, portals, embedded game testing and editing.

Soon, Xubl will be freely downloadable for non-commercial use. In conjunction with Maya Personal Learning Edition, Xubl will be the mod community's dream come true.

This is a great prospect if they license it for homebrew and indie game devs..:D

Yeah, he lighting from what I have seen is really great. I wonder how xbox360 specific the engine is...

This looks great but really I can't wait for the Ghostusters game. THAT will be great! :cool:

Thing I like most about this game is the environment. Greatly detailed game world that hopefully is equally interactive.

From what I've seen it looks like the Ghostbusters Game and Time0 both share this same environment. Makes me wonder if they didn't start making Ghostbusters and realized they would run into legal issues so they branched out their work into what looks to be an interesting game in it's own right.

Good luck devs!

looking nice, not to sure if the rain adds anything though, as it doesnt seem to affect anything in the scene
but still a nice film noir feel

looking nice, not to sure if the rain adds anything though, as it doesnt seem to affect anything in the scene
but still a nice film noir feel

Rain? :???: I thought it was cobwebs over the camera.

Perhaps some puddles on the ground and slight reflection might sell the effect more clearly.

I think it's a good thing developers don't try to port everything to the Wii.

Rain? :???: I thought it was cobwebs over the camera.

Perhaps some puddles on the ground and slight reflection might sell the effect more clearly.
Seriously, did you watch the teaser clips at all? There's puddles, splashes and shiny wet environment, and I think the rain effect looks very good.

I think it's a good thing developers don't try to port everything to the Wii.

Seriously, did you watch the teaser clips at all? There's puddles, splashes and shiny wet environment, and I think the rain effect looks very good.

Joking!:LOL:

Back