DriveClub VR [PS4]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
I've now played London Heist, Danger Ball, RIGS and Scavenger and no nausea for me. DCVR is without a doubt the blurriest of the bunch - particularly distant objects like buildings but it's by no means limited to DC. For example in London Heist, close up objects, like your leather gloves and everything in the pub look great, but high detail objects like Mr Glasses face do suffer some artefacts when they move away. That said, the feeling of 3D in the Heist is incredible. One guy leaned in to me and I back away. I so wanted to punch folks - you could probably do a fairly decent boxing game with dual Move controllers.

I wanted to go straight into the full game, but I can't buy it because I already own the game. It should have a DLC upgrade, but I haven't found it yet.

DC VR is a separate game, i gound it in the PSVR section on PSN, bought it for 19.99
The sense of scale in battlezone, eve valkyrie and RIGS was pretty great, you really feel inside those big worlds, but with some myopia :mrgreen:

I found DriveClub quite disappointing so far. It's great driving it in full 3D but the resolution is almost painful. It seems lower than native.

That would be nice but there is no guarantee that they will update the title for Pro?

driveclub VR should shine more with pro, wait and see next month.
I'm hoping Pro will solve resolution issues across the board. A higher target resolution supersampled down for PSVR might be enough.

That would be nice but there is no guarantee that they will update the title for Pro?

I'd be very surprised if it's not Pro ready on Pro launch day. :yep2:

Full game seems a bit better. I too enjoy the much improved gameplay. Every big bump or fall however makes me slightly nauseas as my body expects g forces it's not receiving. Hope that eventually goes away.

All titles in October are required to add Pro modes.

DCVR is a game desperately in need of higher resolution; it doesn't feel anywhere close to the dual 960x1080 that PSVR supports. It makes you long for the über sharpness of PS3 games! :runaway: If Pro solves that, I will probably buy DCVR because the feel of driving is unsurpassed. This is what VR was designed for. :yes:

i don't know, it's the blurriest of the VR games i tried, but is it due to resolution, or more detailed graphics and textures ?

It certainly looks like it's upscaled to me, but it's hard to tell sometimes - the game world is projected so much larger than it is on TV that that alone makes a big difference too. But compared to other games it does feel like it is 1280x720 or something like that at times. Even so, there is probably no AA now whatsoever, so if they can fix that on the Pro, that alone may help.

And yeah, I preordered a Pro when it was first announced, because I already guessed it would be a good fit for PSVR, and I generally get two PlayStations at some point anyway.

Could it be because of very fast movement? Or does it look blurry when you just started to push accelerator too?

when you get very close to objects they are not as blurry, but at a relative short distance it becomes blurry, like suffering from myopia.
And yeah no AA at all it seems. But nothing beats the feeling of really being inside a car.

And yeah no AA at all it seems. But nothing beats the feeling of really being inside a car.
Did you try London Heist, which is part of VR Worlds? Try being in a car, then opening the door and leaning out to shoot dudes. DCVR 2 perhaps... :runaway:

Back