My experience with the LG 27GR95QE OLED monitor

That's really disappointing. I was thinking I might hop into the next generation of the oled monitors, or maybe the third, but if they require a lot of active cooling I'll have to pay attention to that.

It really is.

It's awesome tech but I feel it may have been rushed out to PC before it was truly ready.

Sitting 60/70cm away from a display creates problems you don't get sitting 6/7 feet away.

It needs another 18 months in my opinion to perfect the heatsinks, cooling and brightness levels.

It really is.

It's awesome tech but I feel it may have been rushed out to PC before it was truly ready.

Sitting 60/70cm away from a display creates problems you don't get sitting 6/7 feet away.

It needs another 18 months in my opinion to perfect the heatsinks, cooling and brightness levels.
The technology is working in every other form factor from the Nintendo Switch, tablets, phones to TVs.

Perhaps the Asus ROG Swift OLED PG27AQDM is better.

SDR will always cap out at 500 nits.

The technology is working in every other form factor from the Nintendo Switch, tablets, phones to TVs.

Perhaps the Asus ROG Swift OLED PG27AQDM is better.

SDR will always cap out at 500 nits.

Mobile sized OLED screens and large format OLED TV screens have been on the market for over 10 years and have benefited massively from refinements over those 10 years.

Granted a lot of those refinements benefit OLED monitors, but remember they are pushing refresh rates well above any other type of OLED screen and have a viewing distance that doesn't mask the issues a that other sized OLED screens would hide, all while remembering they have been around for less than 2 years.

Monitors pose their own problems to solve, fan noise being one of them as due to seating distance the fan noise I can hear 60cm away wouldn't be heard sitting 6 feet away.

Googling the ASUS model it seems it also has issues with fan noise with many users commenting about it.

Cooling and fan noise is something that definitely needs to be addressed before I even think about another OLED monitor.

Last edited:
And the OLED monitor is plugged back in and the return is cancelled.

I bought a nice 144Hz 4k monitor that is silent in operation but all it took was 5 minutes before it was unplugged and the OLED plugged back in.

I'll learn to live with the fan noise.

And the OLED monitor is plugged back in and the return is cancelled.

I bought a nice 144Hz 4k monitor that is silent in operation but all it took was 5 minutes before it was unplugged and the OLED plugged back in.

I'll learn to live with the fan noise.

Time to start gaming with headphones :)

I challenge anyone to spend a month gaming on an OLED in a dark room like I do and then go back to IPS.

It's impossible.

I have headphone on as a type this btw 😂

Yup, I still use an LCD as a side monitor, but I only use bright things on it where black levels aren't as important and whenever there's a black background, ooof, does it look so bad compared to my OLED.

Disconnected the fan? Lol

I was going to suggest he replace the monitor fan (either a better quality fan or a larger fan) with a little bit of modding. Curious how it was fixed.

Regards,
SB

@Scott_Arm just bought this one

My only regret is that I missed the deal where it was about $1000. So about $200 is savings loss. But my benq is dying. It’s about time to change up.

@Scott_Arm just bought this one

My only regret is that I missed the deal where it was about $1000. So about $200 is savings loss. But my benq is dying. It’s about time to change up.

Very nice!!!!

Don't forget to post pics and impressions when you get it!

I never thought buying my 3080 for $950 CAD at launch would end up seeming like a deal.
I've never been so desperate to run ML, the 1070 just could not do it.

In the end it was worth it, I got a new job, etc. Pays more. Not directly related to the work I did with the 3070, but me just working in that space long enough opened a few doors.

But I can't believe I paid 500 more for a completely inferior product compared to a 3080.

Back