DriveClub by Evolution Studios [PS4]

Is SSPOM compatible with their wet shaders? It's very impressive, with amazing depth to the cobbles and good quality. Possibly could be toned down a bit in races when whizzing past.

Is SSPOM compatible with their wet shaders? It's very impressive, with amazing depth to the cobbles and good quality. Possibly could be toned down a bit in races when whizzing past.
http://imgur.com/a/ZqI86

They actually make it look like it's filling up with water between the cobbles depending on how wet it is.

The curious thing is that it's only used on a very short section of a single track. I wonder if we can expect a more cobbled area in the future.

Maybe just the size of the cobble texture to get all the detail prohibits widespread use? Or maybe it makes very little distance in game and they just chuck it in there for photo mode?

That thing looked amazing ! Shadows within textures, makes it look totally convincing as geometry.

The amount of work still going into DC is frankly unbelievable. Companies usually throw away the game once its done, and this is receiving gfx updates, when its already the best out there, after an year !!

At this point I wonder what the greater scheme of thing is for Evo, is it possible due to the down sizing of their team a production of AAA title is out of the question? It's good that DC is getting routine upgrades but I'd rather see a major sequel or a new franchise getting announced soon. Not sure what PSX would bring this year.

Just loaded drive club and for saying I brought the seasons pass there's an awful lot of stuff they still want me to pay for.

The crew got upgraded to a PBR in addition to weather. Even if it's still not at DC's level it's a great addition for free.

From what i have seen not that much. The Crew engine is like the Bethesda one, its too far behind anyways, so the additions they make only bring them up to average. DC is still miles ahead of it. I am surprised that they are still able to extract more out of the hardware even after being the most gfx intensive racer out there. Its not as if anyone is complaining about DC's gfx ;)

off course i'm not comparing both, I just wonder if we could get a massive gfx upgrade like that for driveclub in the future, or if it's just going to be small incremental updates.

Back