Dreams : create, share & play [PS4, PS5]

Cool to hear it again though, there were some differences with last time in the examples.

Oh, there was also a demo of the splat engine, with soft/fuzzy object definition, and a scene with a load of visual materials.

Thats amazing research. They found a different solution of rendering graphics on screen and it looks beautiful. It may not be able to replace the current solutions but I wonder if there can by a hybrid use of both conventional and this method for making graphics in games :D

Thats amazing research. They found a different solution of rendering graphics on screen and it looks beautiful. It may not be able to replace the current solutions but I wonder if there can by a hybrid use of both conventional and this method for making graphics in games :D

They have made an engine that is perfect for Okami 2. :)

t I wonder if there can by a hybrid use of both conventional and this method for making graphics in games :D

All points are resolved into a g-buffer for lighting, so it's not too hard to pair it with traditional rasterized polygons.

Very pretty gameplay footage. Animation seems reasonable for something procedurally created. I wonder if the creation will have skeleton defaults like 'bipedal', or if the skeletons can be created and mapped completely arbitrarily.

Here's a low quality version, but I'm sure there'll be a high Q version soon.

He said everything has been created with dualshock, no presets or something. Interesting how they manage materials and shapes?

I can't fathom why they chose to show the über creepy mouse and not the polar bears.

He said everything has been created with dualshock, no presets or something. Interesting how they manage materials and shapes?
It could be created in game to a skeleton preset. Simply because creating arbitrary animatable skeletons sounds like a nightmare situation. What if you create a Dark Souls type monster with three legs and four arms and two heads - how is that rigged to be possessable and animatable with DS4 motion controls like the mouse character? So I could see there being some presets that you can create as controllable characters with animation rigs, and others being whatever you through together with different animation properties and limits.

Also, physics! And books that opened. The engine (christened BubbleBath) is pretty awesome at this juncture.

Yeah it looks beautiful. Lights and shadows are so soft. When he started to add trees - it looked like a tale or... a dream! :)

The show video with MM commentary. They talk a bit about creation/customisation of the characters.

I happen to think this game looks beautiful, but after watching the live demo, I wonder how easy it'll be to actually play. It didn't look all that straight forward to me.

If they're targetting children for this, they'll definitely need to simplify the game. I can imagine my boys being excited for it but giving up if it's just too difficult. I hope they consider that most people probably won't make stuff.

Back