Destination Playstation 2006

It's a retailer conference, no more no less. It's not the February conference. I'm sure PS3 will be there, though, no doubt Sony will be discussing launch and retail strategy for PS3 in the US there. But we won't hear about it, except maybe via leaks ;)

From what I glanzed at the site quickly, it looked more like the US equivalent of some Playstation developer's conference, not a public show.

It's a retail channel conference hosted by SCEA in South Beach, not for devs, and not for the public.

xbdestroya said:
It's a retail channel conference hosted by SCEA in South Beach, not for devs, and not for the public.
Well that sucks. If it were something special and open to the public I would have taken the day off to head down there. South Beach isn't too far from where I live. Oh Well.

I sent an e-mail asking if Florida residents were allowed to attend and here is the response I recieved.

"The event is not open to the public. It is an invitational only conference for developers and publishers of games for the Sony Playstation."

It's not even for developers. I was invited to one of these before. It's for publishers, buyers, and retailers. It's extremly boring. Sony holds this event every year.

Qroach said:
It's not even for developers. I was invited to one of these before. It's for publishers, buyers, and retailers. It's extremly boring. Sony holds this event every year.

If it's not for devs then who exactly is it for? Best Buy employees? And who are buyers exactly?

mckmas8808 said:
If it's not for devs then who exactly is it for? Best Buy employees? And who are buyers exactly?

EBGames, Gamestop, etc etc...

That's who it's for.

Buyers are individuals who are responsible for their respective companies retail product purchase decisions.

xbdestroya said:
EBGames, Gamestop, etc etc...

That's who it's for.

Buyers are individuals who are responsible for their respective companies retail product purchase decisions.

Thanks. Sounds like something interesting will have to come out of this meeting. Price, release dates maybe?

mckmas8808 said:
Thanks. Sounds like something interesting will have to come out of this meeting. Price, release dates maybe?

Yes, the price and release dates will definitely be discussed, but if the public is not already informed of those by that time via some February event, I doubt they'll be leaking to us after this one.

Back