Dead or Alive 5

Nice. This will (probably) be the first time in Virtua Fighter history where a normal human can actually execute Akira Yuki's moves.
Love what they did to the characters. Finally we've got the lovely looking faces to match the lovely looking chests. Still, the fighting itself looks pretty much the same.

MGS4 stage without Snake?:???::LOL:

Although, I've liked the previous gameplay trailer, I've decided to take a wait and see approach to DOA5 even though I pre-ordered the last two iterations.

The fighter power-move effects look the same for everybody and the last character reveal designs don't sit well with me. I guess I was one of the minority that liked the anime look of the previous games.

The newest stage wasn't as cool as the construction rooftop either and unless I'm missing it somewhere, they haven't confirmed the return of all the characters.

After the Ninja 3 debacle, I can't say I have faith in the Itigaki absent Team Ninja meeting expectations. Keeping my fingers crossed that my concerns become baseless, but I'm not throwing money down until I get a really good demo or until trusted reviews are in.

True, and I think Vs online still counts (doesn't have to be simple/ranked/etc). :)

Oh btw, I got around to doing Ryu's training. I got lucky during one fight with izuna drops and that gave me confidence to then spend 30 minutes trying to pull it off in training (there's like 5 variations between throws and hold combos XD). Didn't have to use the joystick. :) Must have been all that caffeine from the tea @ 2AM. :3

Just one more character... ~45 more titles to go for that. Really dumb how they don't tell you which Story chapter has a tutorial that you haven't done. :[

Got 69 titles fairly quickly from doing power blows (once per character), and then throws + strikes from cliffhanger with 2nd controller plugged in on the construction site stage (just gotta mash a button on 2nd player so he/she grabs the edge). Farmed 100 special power blows on the clown stage.. mixed in some combo/crouch/escape combo throws too. :love: Rookie

Gah. :p

edit:

100 photos during watch mode - is that online? ~4MB per photo apparently (wtf, it's only 720p!). Guess they save the alpha channel. :s

It doesn't tell you which of the challenges you haven't completed? Eh, I'm in no rush to unlock alpha, she seemed pretty nerfed compared to DoA4 anyways.

Can't believe you did the izuna drop, do you have to do all the variations in the training mode?

I would imagine watch mode would either be spectator mode online or just watching a fight offline.

Yeah. :/ Well, they tell you which Titles you have/have not unlocked that are directly tied to the story mode, but then they don't tell you which chapter they each belong to. :s

Better set aside some time to do the izuna drops. :p The damn thing resets to 0/116 if you leave. The first one you have to do starts around ~80 or something.

Just got the game today and been playing it here and there today between other things. Finished story mode and other stuffs, only managed 100+ titles and unlock most of the characters upto Pai. I think there is Alpha left.

Honestly this game is not clicking with me. I think I like this game less than Soul Calibur 5. I'll give it several weeks. I think VF5FS has spoiled me too much. I haven't gotten TTT2 yet, thinking of getting that on WiiU.

I'm so used to single tap evade since VF4, double tap evade is not clicking.

Back