Dead or Alive 5

patsu

Legend
Dead Or Alive 5 Currently In Development, Coming 2012 [TRAILER]:
http://zoknowsgaming.com/2011/09/15/dead-alive-5-development-coming-2012/

Tecmo Koei America has announced that the popular Dead Or Alive series developed by Team NINJA will deliver a major kick with the next installment.

Currently in development, Dead Or Alive 5 is scheduled for release in 2012 on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

In Dead Or Alive 5 stages act not only as visual backdrops to accompany a fight but instead play to a fighter’s strengths. As a fight progresses, the backdrop will change and interact with players. Skilled fighters will be able to utilize these dynamic stages to execute hard hitting blows, pitting their opponents against new obstacles creating a unique experience that will leave you breathless. With each battle executing a new level of involvedness, the fighters themselves have become more complex in their design. In Dead Or Alive 5 players will be able to feel more involved in the action as they see their fighters sweat as they exert more energy.

You read my mind !!! [size=-2]and jumping from float to float in the swimming pool.[/size]

God, should we form a fanclub or something ? :runaway:

EDIT: I used to play Dead or Alive on Xbox with my wife. It's a little tense at first when Katsumi and her friends kept showing their undergarment generously. Fortunately my marriage survived.

Team Ninja Leader Discusses Dead Or Alive 5 And Ninja Gaiden Sigma Vita
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/11/2...-dead-or-alive-5-and-ninja-gaiden-sigma-vita/

You’re also working on Dead or Alive 5 and we saw Ryu hanging off a rooftop.

Everything you saw in that trailer was gameplay. That is a feature we are putting in there and it is one of the key features that will define the next level of fighting games.

To be completely honest, after Dead or Alive 4 we weren’t sure what the future was going to be. We were trying to think of something new, but we weren’t getting any ideas of what to do for 5. Then we saw Street Fighter IV and the fighting genre come back because in a large part of Capcom and what they were doing. For all of the fighting games that came out we looked at them, but there was something wrong. They looked great with updated graphics and had online gameplay, but the gameplay itself hasn’t changed. It’s still the gameplay we’ve had for years.

We started to think how can we change the genre. What could we add new and put that into the fighting game? And that’s how that idea came out.

How else do you want to change the genre? Some developers like Arc System Works put an emphasis on technical combos while the Soulcalibur series is more accessible. Where does Dead or Alive and its new system fit in?

Dead or Alive is different from both of those. We’re looking for simple, but deep fighting entertainment. We’re not looking to be a technical hardcore fighter. We want a game that a lot of people can have fun with, but people who want that depth can find it. When people watch the second part of the demo that will give players a sense of what we’re thinking of when we mean "fighting entertainment."

Are you creating any new characters for Dead or Alive 5?

Yes, absolutely. It’s a numbered title, so we will have new characters. In the gameplay footage, you can tell the character designs have been updated as well. The characters that you’ve come to know and love will be changed too and players will feel the entire roster is refreshed.

Here's the extended version of that trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6OerLx43kE

I really wish they got rid of the impact effects, and I don't really like how it looks like there are super moves/combos in the game, but I'll hold out judgement until I play it. DoA4 was easily my most played game this gen, so this sequel is long overdue IMO.

I really like it overall.
The background interaction is especially cool.

I agree about the smoke-like impact effects. It's also the same effect used when Ryu does his teleport-moves. I would've like to see something different for those moves. Hopefully they'll be different for Kasumi with her cherry blossoms and others.

I'm on the fence with the slow-mo stuff, but for this game, I think it is growing on me.

Need to see the girls first. Slo-mo actions may be created for them. And those user invented moves, I hope I won't blush playing it. :runaway:

Hopefully they'll retain the "age" option to increase the boob size and physics---yeah, I know I'm immature:LOL:

Hate to break this to you, but this particular option has been nothing more than a little joke from the developers ever since DoA2 was released on the Dreamcast (maybe it did somehing in the first game, I don't know). It never did anything whatsoever.

Nice they are finally moving away from the inflatable sex doll school of character design, by the way.

Why pray for fake boobs when the world is heading social ? Just run beauty + talent (martial arts) contest in the real world. :yes:

Dead or Alive 5 Planned For Worldwide Simultaneous Release
http://andriasang.com/comza8/doa5_japanese_announcement/

Tecmo Koei formally announced Dead or Alive 5 for Japanese release today, and also said that the fighter will be released throughout the world around the same time.

EDIT:
Dead Or Alive 5′s Stages Are Loaded With Traps
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/09/dead-or-alive-5s-stages-are-loaded-with-traps/

Tecmo Koei outlined two features of Dead or Alive 5. Well, three if you count redesigned character models too. Team Ninja’s fighting game has "Dynamic Attractions," a fancy term for stage gimmicks. You can knock opponents from heights, onto exploding floors, and into cars. Tecmo Koei says these are an evolution of Danger Zones from previous titles are supposed to replicate the climactic scenes of action movies.

Back