Car game comparisons *hit & run*

No offence taken. I said napkin math. I have no clue what the loads are at all. But it's just as troubling as someone telling me that DC is pushing the PS4 harder than F7 is pushing X1X. What is optimized? Who knows. That why comparison threads blow and this shit is always on repeat with the racing threads.
Dude you are the one taking it out of proportions.
It is a given that more powerful hardware will produce better results. Was there a doubt really that X would produce significant enhancements compared to any other console?
What is your problem if a game achieves something unique in less powerful hardware and someone points it out?
You give the impression that you are more annoyed by your assumption that people have some secret agenda to question Forza 7's ultimate superiority and achievement than trying to see where someone is trully coming from
Yes Forza 7 is better looking overall. That doesnt take away from what Drive Club achieves better though regardless what game pushes which console the most.

Apparently if they arent 4K at 60fps they don't exist and you are not allowed to talk about them

No offence taken. I said napkin math. I have no clue what the loads are at all. But it's just as troubling as someone telling me that DC is pushing the PS4 harder than F7 is pushing X1X. What is optimized? Who knows. That why comparison threads blow and this shit is always on repeat with the racing threads.
The funny thing about racers comparisons is that nobody is actually trying to decide between buying F7 , or GTS, or Mario Kart.

Drive club looks like crap. I remember buying it dirt cheap and expecting a great looking game based on gaf’s hyperbole and boy was I disappointed when I booted it up on my PS4. Too bad because the first two motorstorm games, esp. the second, looked amazing on the ps3. As far as 30 fps racing games go nothing comes close to FH3 and damn I can’t wait to play it on the Xbox one x. Between this and forza 7 the Xbox one x will be a racing game powerhouse .
Are you serious, FH3 ? Look how they do clouds in FH3, they have their own 2D morphing tech.

Xbox One X, 6 TFlops of power to better morph 2D textures in true™ 4K.

GTSport beta
wjoaer.png

pCars2 PC ultra at 1080p with their highest msaa
9gFR8o.png

GTSport
wkkayy.png

pCars2
z7njCv.png

Please describe the technical many areas over F7.

These are my observations:
4x More pixels native with no reconstruction
2x more FPS
Texture resolution
Car model polygons
Dynamic weather conditions

Dynamic puddles
16xAF
Some form of better antialiasing
Better LOD
HDR
Less artifacting
Less shimmering

Clearly inferior in F7, especially the dynamic weather (not even comparable in my opinion).

By the way, i just realized this amazing video was made by Vspectra... one of the best video ever made on DriveClub and the music is nice.

1505980951-bd909cf1-7870-409a-bd69-994cb3f49b58.png

It's the Xbox one version though. Maybe better on X, i don't know...

Last edited:
Dude no offense, but do you realize thats not how graphics scale. eg if you make an image 4x larger its typically not going to run 4x slower etc.
eg looking at the latest benchmark on anandtech, gaming performance
Ashes of the Singularity 1080p 43.4fps = 90Mpix/sec
Ashes of the Singularity 2160p 35.1fps = 291Mpix/sec

so you have the same hardware, same game, yet vastly difference Mpix/sec results depending on the resolution

Maybe but F7 has to push 8 times more pixels per second than Driveclub... it's a very large difference...

Also, high end GPU are built to run games at 4k and tend to have lower performances at 1080p (comparatively).

Edit : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-review

The game you mentioned seem to be an exception rather than the rule... there is probably a CPU bottleneck.

For instance, Crysis 3 is more than 3 times faster at 1080p than 4k with a 1070. Also, on console, performances tend to scale pretty well with GPU power and PC don't have unified memory.

Last edited:
1505980951-bd909cf1-7870-409a-bd69-994cb3f49b58.png

It's the Xbox one version though. Maybe better on X, i don't know...

It must be an AI car zoomed up in photo mode, keep in mind that forza 7 is 60fps with up to 24 cars on track.
In driveclub's photo mode if you slowly zoom on AI cars you can see a LOD switch.

Are you serious, FH3 ? Look how they do clouds in FH3, they have their own 2D morphing tech.

Xbox One X, 6 TFlops of power to better morph 2D textures in true™ 4K.
Don’t give a flying f...k about 2d clouds . The game looks jaw dropping on the Xbox one and I can’t wait to see it on the Xbox one x. It kills the sterile, blurry look of drive club which has become a champion of some people for obvious reasons. I could post tons of gameplay videos showing the glory of FH3 but what would be the point ?

Maybe but F7 has to push 8 times more pixels per second than Driveclub... it's a very large difference..
I understand what you are saying but I didnt raise Drive Club as an absolute comparison against Forza. I was highlighting Drive Club's underlying tech, the unique features of the engine if you will.
Of course it is even pointless to compare the X version with PS4. 8 times more pixels on more powerful hardware? It is a given that more powerful hardware will have the extra juice to push things farther and beyond on like for like senarios.
What is achieved on S can be a better appreciation of what T10 has achieved, because thats a game running at double the framerate (and at1080p) on hardware comparable (and less powerful) than PS4 and all that with a superb dynamic weather.
In that case you can appreciate Turn 10's superb achievement at making a 60fps racer on vanilla hardware that has super detailed environments and dynamic weather, where games like PC2 and GTS demonstrate cut backs to achieve 60fps.
And on the other case you can appreciate Drive Club's superbly advanced weather and physics system that has a very unique approach.

It must be an AI car zoomed up in photo mode, keep in mind that forza 7 is 60fps with up to 24 cars on track.
In driveclub's photo mode if you slowly zoom on AI cars you can see a LOD switch.
There is a photomode in the demo?

I understand what you are saying but I didnt raise Drive Club as an absolute comparison against Forza.

This is not what i said. My point is : Evolution had more compute power per pixel than Turn 10 on X. This is why DriveClub still looks better if we exclude the IQ.

Technically, F7 on X is far more impressive but it's obvious considering the hardware difference.

Don’t give a flying f...k about 2d clouds . The game looks jaw dropping on the Xbox one and I can’t wait to see it on the Xbox one x. It kills the sterile, blurry look of drive club which has become a champion of some people for obvious reasons. I could post tons of gameplay videos showing the glory of FH3 but what would be the point ?

FH3 has a much better IQ, but the lighting still looks flat compared to Driveclub...

But i can understand your preference, FH3 is one of the best looking Xbox One game.

Dude you are the one taking it out of proportions.
It is a given that more powerful hardware will produce better results. Was there a doubt really that X would produce significant enhancements compared to any other console?
I don't believe in witch hunting, or post history recalls, it can be entirely in my error in reading (or inferring, or mixing up) posts that would suggest you were on the side that a 1080p DC was better looking than 1X F7. So in advance, I apologize for indirectly blasting you.

Normally I don't pay attention to this type of thing, but after a while, for the 5th time on this forum, we have comparison posts of Forza vs exclusive on Sony and frankly, as much as I know to stay out of it because it leads down a shitty path for everyone, it's hard to ignore when something is that off.

There should be no doubt that F7 with the higher improvements provided by the hardware of the X would create better results. And you can see in this thread, many have tried to downplay that. Which is ridiculous, but also more ridiculous that the idea that we could compare a game that barely has any footage outside of it's E3 footage, and a released demo which was played at E3, thinking this was enough content to rate the visual prowess and artistic content that all of F7 is capable of. Frankly speaking, the video I posted above, is actually some of the newest footage we've ever seen of Forza outside of the demos.

What is your problem if a game achieves something unique in less powerful hardware and someone points it out?
I don't, and i like drive club. I like what it brings to the table. I like most racing games, I grew up playing GT at my friends places. And Forza didn't become a thing for me until around F5. So I generally like playing sim racers. I have a problem with the method of comparison, it in itself is an agenda for console wars. Because as MrFox writes, every comparison thread, or video is not about buying the products that are being compared. It never has been, Xbox players can't buy DC or GTS, or Mario Kart. There's no point to the comparison expect for owners of the console of their desired title to feel good about themselves.

You give the impression that you are more annoyed by your assumption that people have some secret agenda to question Forza 7's ultimate superiority and achievement than trying to see where someone is trully coming from
See above, and I apologize for blasting you, for either mixing up or whatever the case. If you want to talk about DriveClubs great merits when it comes to weather and physics, we can make a thread about it, and just discuss how technically cool it is. No one here has an issue with that, but when you try to cross compare it with other titles and flat out general statements come out without looking at the overall picture (of an unfinished game)... it comes off as not interested in being impartial or interested in the actual compare or discussion of the technologies at play.

Yes Forza 7 is better looking overall. That doesnt take away from what Drive Club achieves better though regardless what game pushes which console the most.
As I said earlier, it's entirely possible I read/mixed up your commentary wrong up to this point. But after F7 comes out, this rodeo will happen again. And next year, it will happen again with the next Forza game. And the year after, after. It happens all the time.

And this is where we get into the off-topic discussion of things that I don't want to discuss.

Back