Portable console for all PC games - PGS

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices and SoCs' started by PGSLab, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Davros

Legend

Factory GPU acceleration
    what does this mean ?

2. Silent_Buddha

Legend

I believe it means factory overclock.

Regards,
    SB

3. Blazkowicz

Legend Veteran

Wow, I'm coming on this thread again and it's like I missed the product on the first time.
    I think there are many** people that may appreciate the software freedom, and others (overlapping) who want a smartphone with a slide out keyboard, but can't find one anywhere and could use this product instead (if only for using a remote command line, email or other tasks)

These sorts of people are often adamant about the SD slot and removable battery.

** : for an unquantified definition of many. [on a well-known, long running site about tech and open source with "stories" and "comments" that mix rants, high quality comments and toxic trolls]

I have a feeling it is too cheap (affordable) or is it just what you get from doubling down on the budget of a $100 Windows tablet?
    /edit : that reminds me of the netbooks. Smaller hardware was cheaper and that was a good thing for once.

Only question : does it boot linux?, or is the bootloader weird.

Users would have to figure out how to attach a keyboard etc. and make it usable, the blame would be (hopefully) put mostly on Intel for issues.
    Not critical for everyone : it's possible to run debian/ubuntu etc. or unix-like software on Android or even from Windows (multiple ways)

#23 Blazkowicz, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  4. Silent_Buddha

Legend

It has Bluetooth 4.0 and runs Windows 10, so connecting a keyboard and mouse in its default configuration will be easy.

I'm assuming it should be relatively easy in Linux as well? I guess it'll depend on the Bluetooth chipset used.

Regards,
    SB

5. eastmen

Legend Subscriber

6. milk

Veteran Regular

7. PGSLab

Hello!
    We are very happy to see all of our fans in 2017. All of you will be rewarded for your trust in our marvelous project!
    PGSLab is going to open several new official public pages in the social networks where they do not exist. Get ready for exciting and shocking news in the next six months!
    In conclusion, we'd like to say that our company will do everything to make our policy in relation to the clients more transparent and clear for anyone.
    Follow the news!

8. ProspectorPete

Regular Newcomer

do you have a video of a working prototype?

9. PGSLab

Hi, Pete!
    Our company hopes to have PGS Hardcore units on hand to show off at E3 in June this year. Not earlier than that time.

10. ProspectorPete

Regular Newcomer

My company is interested to buy 1000 units for schools in my country. we need video of working prototype though

11. StakanPortveina

Newcomer

I imagine how heated it will be while playing. And for me 5.5 inches is not comfortable for most of this games.