Project Cars [PS4, XO]

No, all DriveClub tracks are original, part of what so like about the game, but making it hard to compare. Only cars have overlap.

This is the first time I've heard anyone claim it's better graphically than DriveClub. It's a good game/simulation though, and I'm glad it is selling well so that they get the opportunity to keep improving it. I just wish the handling was a bit better still (I actually think DriveClub has better handling!), but it's a good start.
I read that in a couple of interviews, whose author stated that Project Cars was the most visually accomplished title on the PS4 and XO, comparing it to Driveclub and Forza 5. I've seen videos of friends playing it, the game looks okay but competing with console AAAs visually wise...I don't see it.

This is a picture from the game, but I guess this is from the PC version on Ultra.

Did you capture those screens?

As for getting sick, it happens to me when I play Far Cry 4, but that's a 30 fps game. The framerate is stable but I got used to 60 fps and when I rotate the camera around I just see a slide parade, lots of framerate transitions in between. I might stop playing the game because of that, I feel weird when I play FC4.

Yes, I captured those screens via Share function so everyone on http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/ can see what is the problem.

I can't play Project Cars for longer period of time and I never had this issue before, it's like lightheadedness or as you said just feeling weird.

Yes, I captured those screens via Share function so everyone on http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/ can see what is the problem.

I can't play Project Cars for longer period of time and I never had this issue before, it's like lightheadedness or as you said just feeling weird.
In that case, give it a rest for a few days until they release the promised patch. Maybe many people don't mind at all but it is quite visible in stills and I wonder how could one not notice it when playing too.

There is a new review of the game, and they praise it, like most reviews I read.

http://www.theguardian.com/technolo...cars-review-a-strikingly-authentic-simulation

It doesn't surprise me that they have struggled to get the performance they want without compromising the visuals, but shouldn't they have realized that a long time ago? What annoys gamers more than anything is when they lie. Why not tell everyone the truth and say they have cancelled the game on Wii U last year. I think there is still a chance it will come out. Im not really sure why they don't just drop the resolution to 600p, and call it a day. If they are at 23fps at 720p, then you would think a drop to 600p would free up the resources needed to make a stable 30fps. Oh well, I was looking forward to this title for Wii U, but its certainly not a title that will cause me to buy another console to play.

Depends if it's CPU bound on the simulation or not. I'm sure a version can be created, but is it worth the investment if a cheap port can't do it?

Absolutely, but they lead Wii U gamers on thinking that it was coming. There was an interview done months ago when they stated that they had played a demanding level of the game on Wii U with good results, and this was before optimizing the code. I think now it comes down to dollars and cents, but they don't want to say that because they would get all sorts of hate for it. They are in business to make money, so I don't get all angry with developers/publishers for making these decisions, and I will be the first to say that not releasing a game is in better taste that releasing a version of terrible quality. Either do it right or don't do it at all. Sounds like they "could" do it right, but the dollars and cents aren't there, so it simply doesn't make for a good business decision.

NX isn't coming till late 2016 at the earliest, and most likely 2017. So if holding out for new hardware is indeed part of their logic, then I think they need to think again. How many people will care about a super late port of Project Cars? It will be bargain bin PS4/X1 by then.

I think NX won't be a lot more powerful compared to PS4 and Xbox One but surely it would handle the PCars as the definitive console version. But hardware power and 3rd party support wise, Nintendo will keep on being between a rock and a hard place. The userbase will be dwarfed by the PS4 and Xbox One and by the time PS4/XboxOne slows down, there'll be the much more powerful PS5 and Xbox Ultra. Maybe they should wait until they can match the next gen without bleeding money, and "sync" with the rest of the guys? But that was never Nintendo's way.

I think NX won't be a lot more powerful compared to PS4 and Xbox One but surely it would handle the PCars as the definitive console version. But hardware power and 3rd party support wise, Nintendo will keep on being between a rock and a hard place. The userbase will be dwarfed by the PS4 and Xbox One and by the time PS4/XboxOne slows down, there'll be the much more powerful PS5 and Xbox Ultra. Maybe they should wait until they can match the next gen without bleeding money, and "sync" with the rest of the guys? But that was never Nintendo's way.

It's Nintendo. Nothing is sure.

Apparently they are saying it is in fact the physics engine that is the limiting factor(CPU bound). They are contemplating using a less demanding physics engine, but it seems like they are holding out until they know for sure that NX isnt coming anytime soon. I suppose if Watch Dogs did finnally release on Wii U, then perhaps we will end up seeing a Project Cars build later this year for the console.

It's Nintendo. Look at the history people!

Well....... playing cards were a bit old-tech by the late 19th Century.

Game to release in late 2016 on WiiU, rebranded "Project Car", does not feature weather and permits just 1 car on track, runs 720p and rock-solid 30fps.

:yep2:

Ouch. :p

I had thought maybe they could re-stylize it into Project Karts, but then I wouldn't know what it would offer over Mario Kart 8.

Game to release in late 2016 on WiiU, rebranded "Project Car", does not feature weather and permits just 1 car on track, runs 720p and rock-solid 30fps.

:yep2:

:nope:
That's awfully risky statement. I don't think that could even be hit.

Back