Car game comparisons *hit & run*

/opinion. :???::rolleyes:

Gameplay is mostly the same as replay, minus motion blur and DoF.

Not to mention neither game is released yet.
Gameplay is nothing like replays, according to my...eyesight . There’s a reason that gts , and gt games in general, even in the most diehard Sony forums is represented almost exclusively with replay footage.

Oh I agree about the colors. But the textures and overall detail is lacking.
The low AF makes the ground look like a total mess
True. Low AF and textures. However, the lighting and the colour scheme make it quite pleasant to my eyes... Not that I wouldn't like those other things improved.

total mess
Total garbage, total mess... This game has something special. :D

Gameplay is nothing like replays, according to my...eyesight . There’s a reason that gts , and gt games in general, even in the most diehard Sony forums is represented almost exclusively with replay footage.
I'll continue this convo here where it belongs.

I have no clue what you're seeing because replays, when in gameplay view, is EXACTLY the same as in game. During wide angle views is the only difference, and that only adds DoF and motion blur.

Second, there is plenty of IN GAME footage that was presented in forums; whether or not you find them impressive is your opinion. But the fact is, in the case of GTS anyway, replay is very close to in-game, so to say gameplay looks bad yet replay looks good makes little to no sense to me.

Sure there is a lot of replay footage that is presented in forums, but that's because Polyphony are very good at it. But that doesn't change the fact that in-game is mostly the same.

Last edited:
Oh I agree about the colors. But the textures and overall detail is lacking.
The low AF makes the ground look like a total mess

Probably just the quality of the video capture, GTS texture work and detail is pretty great.

GTS beta
tritko.png

Forza 6
qxcanh.PNG

possible. was a bit tired when i watched DigitalFoundry Demo video but other than No dynamic weather I don't think mechanical/Visual damage has been answered in that particular video. I've not followed the Dev/Promo process as i don't own a XB1 that is why I asked these questions in a forum.
Part 1: (no rain, to light rain, dynamic forming puddles, to large water spray behind cars, to thunder storm)
https://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_forza_motorsport_7_nurburgring_4k_1_pc_-40895_en.html

Part 2: (thunderstorm, lighter rain, no rain, smaller puddles, no spray, back to sun)
https://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_forza_motorsport_7_nurburgring_4k_2_pc_-40896_en.html

DriveClub still looks better. Forza 7 only has a much superior IQ on X, but IQ is not everything.

However :

- Forza 7 Xbox X = 8 times more pixels per second than Driveclub

- 6 vs 1,84 = about 3 times more powerful

So, you can't produce as much as graphical effects than Driveclub when you have to push 8 times more pixels per second with a console that is only 3 times more powerful than a PS4.

In order words, DriveClub has much more compute power per pixel than F7 on X.

Last edited:
Since now we have a comparison thread, I decided to leave this here and leave slowly :mrgreen:
If we must compare games, then only source material should be compared.

That YouTube video compare is like saying vinyl and 128Kbps MP3 is the same quality of music as long as we listen to them through iPod earphones.

When you have 4K native with HDR with accompanying textures; it's disengious at least in my opinion to downconvert to 1080p without HDR and say this is the product.

It's clearly not. you need a 2px line thickness on 4K res to scale down and show up as 1px on 1080p. Anything else is just lost.

Just consider how much detail you're missing here as a result. It's no different than playing a game with lineskip and saying the game looks awesome because you can imagine the detail in between.

So that's all I'm going to say about that.

There are a lot of things I would consider next gen, lighting and shadows are certainly one of them, one thing I didn't expect was higher resolution texturing and 4K. I needed to see it in person to believe it and after seeing it triggered me to buy into 1X.

So while I get everyone loves and respects the next gen lighting provided by DC. If you can't see the level of fidelity that F7 has in 4K with HDR, you're just sort of writing that entire piece off ignorantly (unintentionally though), which is a big part of what makes 4K gaming awesome.

If I were to make an analogy of what your missing:

Probably not nearly as dramatic. But the idea is similar. You don't know what your missing until you've seen what you've been missing. A standard 1080p set/video is incapable of showing people 4K native with HDR.

Anyway, carry on.

Last edited:

That YouTube video compare is like saying vinyl and 128Kbps MP3 is the same quality of music as long as we listen to them through iPod earphones.

When you have 4K native with HDR with accompanying textures; it's disengious at least in my opinion to downconvert to 1080p without HDR and say this is the product.

It's clearly not. you need a 2px line thickness on 4K res to scale down and show up as 1px on 1080p. Anything else is just lost.

Just consider how much detail you're missing here as a result. It's no different than playing a game with lineskip and saying the game looks awesome because you can imagine the detail in between.

There are a lot of things I would consider next gen, lighting and shadows are certainly one of them, one thing I didn't expect was higher resolution texturing and 4K. I needed to see it in person to believe it and after seeing it triggered me to buy into 1X.

So while I get everyone loves and respects the next gen lighting provided by DC. If you can't see the level of fidelity that F7 has in 4K with HDR, you're just sort of writing that entire piece off ignorantly (unintentionally though), which is a big part of what makes 4K gaming awesome.

Probably not nearly as dramatic. But the idea is similar. You don't know what your missing until you've seen what you've been missing. A standard 1080p set/video is incapable of showing people 4K native with HDR.

Anyway, carry on.
First time I tried psilocybin, I saw colors I never saw before.

Anyway, carry on.
As someone who owns Drive Club and played the F7 demo on its ultra settings, although I agree with your points, I cant help but see that Drive Club's technology is in many areas unmatched.
Drive Club is one of these games that went under the radar but deserve a lot more appreciation for the visual achievement even at 30fps 1080p, especially when you consider the fact that it was almost a launch game.

As someone who owns Drive Club and played the F7 demo on its ultra settings, although I agree with your points, I cant help but see that Drive Club's technology is in many areas unmatched.
Drive Club is one of these games that went under the radar but deserve a lot more appreciation for the visual achievement even at 30fps 1080p, especially when you consider the fact that it was almost a launch game.
Please describe the technical many areas over F7.

These are my observations:
4x More pixels native with no reconstruction
2x more FPS
Texture resolution
Car model polygons
Dynamic weather conditions
Dynamic puddles
16xAF
Some form of better antialiasing
Better LOD
HDR
Less artifacting
Less shimmering

versus:
Improved Lighting
Improved Shadows
And rain on a windshield

Nearly everything else is inferior by stat and most of the visuals are covered up heavily by reconstruction techniques and blur. DC is at its best during night and forecast and weather. DC is at its worst during the day. It's so incredibly inconsistent in that regard.

I respect what DC brings to the table, but it feels like by giving DC the nod here your tossing everything else into the wind which also have huge ramifications to image quality.

DC's tech absolutely kills Forza 7's.
Real time dynamic GI
volumetric lighting
volumetric cloud, fog
self shadowing POM
a metric ton more of foliage both 3d and 2d and much more detailed
far more geometry density in general, 3d crowds and etc
More advanced particles (fire works, sparks)
Shadow casting headlights
More effects such as Rainbow, mirage
And of course much superior dynamic weather effect, mainly rain
If it ever gets a Pro patch I can imagine it would cover most if not all the short comings, HDR, higer AF, AA, IQ and then some.

If I have to sum up everything in a word it would be Sterile for Forza 7 while Organic for Driveclub.

Back