Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Yeah, Crytek must be mad, they tried to push the suit thing for years but it didn't really take off for them.

As I noted before, I got a Army of Two vibe among other things. Both in the story and graphics.

The light exoskeletons from Elysium seem to be the most obvious inspiration. I'd embed some images if I remembered how the tag works.

Yeah, Crytek must be mad, they tried to push the suit thing for years but it didn't really take off for them.

As I noted before, I got a Army of Two vibe among other things. Both in the story and graphics.

Didn't take off? I thought the Crysis games were pretty successful, commercially? Aren't they?

Didn't take off? I thought the Crysis games were pretty successful, commercially? Aren't they?

Well, they weren't successful enough for there to be any plans for a Crysis 4, that I know of...they're certainly not amongst the best selling franchises. Although I tend to think pretty much any FPS that isn't modern military based has a tough time, minus Halo I guess.

On GAF I saw that the COD AW description on Amazon says this

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, developed by Sledgehammer Games (co-developers of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3), harnesses the first three-year, all next-gen development cycle in franchise history.

Weird, it should work; how about this one?

http://postimg.org/image/t623przg3/full/

Hmm, that didn't work either until I removed the "full" part of the url. Then it worked. Maybe a Firefox bug, there's a lot of those.

Edit: But apparently removing the full part means I' m not viewing it at full size.

What part of that screen proves it's not 1080? You can tell such things just by eyeballing it? You say "the building on the left" but I dont see what part of that building proves it's not 1080. The whole image is very fuzzy/DOF.

God damn! Are we already going to start nit picking frames from a reveal trailer of a game that has more than 6 months of development left? Can't this stuff stay at GAF instead of crossposting it here to?
Beyond3D has steadily been going downhill with the influx of Xbox/PS fans in the last 12/24 months sadly...
/rant

Better examples [taken from Gamersyde 300MB HQ video], they look worse in motion than in stills

Uhh, no. I dont think that's even possible. It''s always the reverse when talking about non bullshots (especially the ever horrendous .flv captures)

It is so damn funny to me how the first page was all talk about how great this game looked. Then the one guy posted the screenshot from the trailer about it being from Xbox One and almost immediately the bullshit where the resolution got picked apart started.

Some of you are really pathetic.

Some parts of this trailer are definitely running at a native sub-1080p resolution upscaled to 1080p:

http://s5.postimg.org/64lik0zsl/COD_trailer_1080p.png

Check out the edge of the building on the left. Also we can rule out SMAA (sorry Inuhanyou), at least here.

But most importantly something really bugged me on this trailer: Franck Underwood is not supposed to play COD...but Killzone. :LOL:

-sigh- Maybe one day.

Although i do wonder what the issue is with blatantly different resolutions in the same trailer. Maybe they are still experimenting with the best resolutions and simply lowered certain scenes to get an acceptable framerate for the trailer? Hm.

-sigh- Maybe one day.

Although i do wonder what the issue is with blatantly different resolutions in the same trailer. Maybe they are still experimenting with the best resolutions and simply lowered certain scenes to get an acceptable framerate for the trailer? Hm.

None of the linked stills will open for me at work. Maybe a difference between cutscenes and gameplay? Dynamic resolution?

COD has never used dynamic res though...well no, the PS3 version of CODBO2 used dynamic res to a very minor degree. But its not common at all for this franchise. I guess if they really wanted to adhere to the 60fps standard they could have introduced such a thing...

On this particular shot in the trailer I'm getting around 720P :/

Still looks pretty nice imo as per my initial impressions, I guess showing next gen assets and lighting (not lightning!)has a bigger effect than resolution.

Well hey, on the bright side, that's still like 50% more pixels than last gen COD.

I guess that might be a sideways confirmation of 60 FPS, too.

I guess it would have to be either dynamic res or the Xbox one version is eventually going to be either 720p or 900p

Some parts of this trailer are definitely running at a native sub-1080p resolution upscaled to 1080p:

http://s5.postimg.org/64lik0zsl/COD_trailer_1080p.png

Check out the edge of the building on the left. Also we can rule out SMAA (sorry Inuhanyou), at least here.

But most importantly something really bugged me on this trailer: Franck Underwood is not supposed to play COD...but Killzone. :LOL:

So to be clear, you're saying some parts look to be 1080P? Could you point out those scenes?

Back