Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare

If they dont get the Xbox one version to 1080p 60fps then they should at least hit 900p.
900p will look fine with good AA. Im wondering if the lighting and shadows will be the same between the Ps4 and X1 version if they do actually hit 1080p on the X1.

Although MS has promo(s) deals in place with Activision ...I wonder which platform is the lead platform?

Last edited by a moderator:
probably xb1....i doubt they'd want to anger MS during their deal...of course i'm sure the PS4 and by definition the PC versions will still be better

Wow game looks surprisingly good, even though it is crossgen. Engine looks to be a lot better [new lightning is the best improvement], and new setting is interesting.

It looks great for sure. Maybe some of the comments raised my expectations, but it didn't impress me as much as others (visually speaking).

Gameplay wise, it looks promising.

Games looks quite good, a huge improvement over Ghosts for sure and even better than BF4 may I add. I do wonder what resolution do the consoles run at tho. I'm calling 720p/60 on x1 and 900-1080p/60 on ps4. One thing I always liked about COD games are the crazy set pieces, they really make you forget about the ridiculously bad story telling and characters.

Kind of got a TitanFall/Killzone SF type vibe from the trailer. It looks fairly promising I would say. I haven't bought a COD game in a long time and if this turns out to be good I might consider. Kevin Spacey being in the game sort of gets me a bit hyped!

Sorry but what's wrong with space marines? Actually, what's wrong with big, buff, possibly black, sweaty, big, muscly space marines with huge guns???

Ok I'm out :runaway:

Ok jokes aside, I've now seen the video and DAMN. Looks like a blast. Say what you want about COD games, but they definitely know how to put on a show. And Kevin Spacey!! Unless it goes horribly wrong, this is a must buy for me. The only one I can foresee any time soon. It is coming out relatively soon, right??

Some parts of this trailer are definitely running at a native sub-1080p resolution upscaled to 1080p:

http://s5.postimg.org/64lik0zsl/COD_trailer_1080p.png

Check out the edge of the building on the left. Also we can rule out SMAA (sorry Inuhanyou), at least here.

But most importantly something really bugged me on this trailer: Franck Underwood is not supposed to play COD...but Killzone. :LOL:

I bet they have made the trailer using clips from different builds just to muddy the waters for the fanbois.

Kind of got a TitanFall/Killzone SF type vibe from the trailer. It looks fairly promising I would say. I haven't bought a COD game in a long time and if this turns out to be good I might consider. Kevin Spacey being in the game sort of gets me a bit hyped!
Add in some Elusive Man Mass Effect vibe while we are at it.

So full reveal is Monday right? (edit - nvm)

If they dont get the Xbox one version to 1080p 60fps then they should at least hit 900p.
900p will look fine with good AA. Im wondering if the lighting and shadows will be the same between the Ps4 and X1 version if they do actually hit 1080p on the X1.

You're actually hoping that the Xbone version will hit 1080p, and have lighting/shadows parity with the PS4 version? I wouldn't get my hopes up. Where do you think that surfeit PS4 power goes? It just disappears, or goes ignored by the devs?

We have to remember that we're talking about a system that had severe framedrops and screen tearing running the Source Engine at 792p (Titanfall). If Sledgehammer really wants a consistent 60fps as a priority, they will run it at 720p on the Xbone, barring some nigh-miraculous optimization techniques. The highest resolution you could probably, feasibly hope for would be 900p with an inconsistent framerate.

Because.. SPACE. MARINES. ;)

Pretty much any time you see in a guy in a high-tech armour, people say, "OMG Spazz Maroons!" when really I don't know what that term is supposed to mean because it usually looks nothing like Warhammer Space Marines.

Some parts of this trailer are definitely running at a native sub-1080p resolution upscaled to 1080p:

http://s5.postimg.org/64lik0zsl/COD_trailer_1080p.png

Check out the edge of the building on the left. Also we can rule out SMAA (sorry Inuhanyou), at least here.

But most importantly something really bugged me on this trailer: Franck Underwood is not supposed to play COD...but Killzone. :LOL:

Your link seems broken?

Shame though, I was hoping they could be using the new super streamlined DX12 XB1 to get full 1080P. Of course that and 60 FPS and those visuals would seem impossible. COD is always know for fudging the res down to get decent looks at 60 FPS. I hope they downgraded the SP to 30 FPS, been advising them to do that for years.

Add in some Elusive Man Mass Effect vibe while we are at it.

So full reveal is Monday right? (edit - nvm)

I thought it was just this trailer, which they've already let out since it leaked.

COD does MGS

Why are video game stories so bad anyway? This speech has been heard 10 million times before, as well as pretty much every theme in the game (ooh, private military contractors, how darned edgy)

It really doesn't matter I guess, Spacey scenery chewing is just a nice enough standard backdrop for blowing stuff up in COD. A lot of meaningless cool sounding sound bites for the average 16 year old boy. But I've not seen game stories move beyond it (And I've played Uncharted, though not TLOU, I dont hold out hope there either). And that despite we're constantly told of all the effort being expended on story.

Back