Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Pause it @0:07, you can make out the the cinematic graphic blend and the actual "real-life" film blend. Damn close, just different lighting and some uncanny eye movement on the cinematic graphic part/half...

All hell breaks loose, full HD trailer trailer and screens leaks on Destructoid (though I think "screens" are just captures from the vid)

http://www.destructoid.com/call-of-...d-see-the-first-video-and-images-274126.phtml

Looks pretty great that I can tell. And interestingly, they start the trailer by noting all footage captured from an Xbox One.

I remember COD originally started as a graphical powerhouse with Modern Warfare, it's hard to remember now but people were stunned how good that game looked at the time, i think they're back to that, and I think they've easily leapfrogged BF4's visuals too, another role reversal.

Now they've got the graphical excitement back, this could sell huge...

Next gen excite get...

Here's a single screen to tease you into clicking the link

005-noscale.jpg

Interestingly, the game reminds me a bit of Army of Two...

There is some IQ differences between the pictures and gameplay footage. Lots of great AA and clean details in the photos, however the video footage has lots of aliasing, shader shimmering/aliasing, and textures seem washed. But I'll wait for some better footage ...hopefully proving me wrong, rather than right.

How they gonna get this presumably 1080P and 60 FPS on Xbox One???

Maybe they took my advice and finally dropped the SP to 30 FPS...

I thought.am thinking about trying to pixel count the screens or a trailer framegrab...for the screens I cant find a countable jagged edge for crap...lots of DOF and other fuzziness. Some type of thick post process AA?

3 words: Freaking epic visuals.

I remember COD originally started as a graphical powerhouse with Modern Warfare
COD 2 sparked the visual fps genre craze, followed by Modern Warfare 1.
It looks far better than ghosts did last year, and a clear evolution of the COD engine that powered the last gen games. Not "blow your face off" good, but still a very noticeable and welcome upgrade after years of very minute incremental visual updates.
Ghosts was a joke, when you see a video like this it becomes perfectly clear:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0zAOgYW9ZM

The game was a mixed bag of good and awful looking environments. it didn't even have dynamic lighting for god's sake!

Advanced warfare looks leaps and pounds better than Ghosts, at least dynamic lighting is back this time, they surpassed BF4 this time indeed. I am guessing global illumination (used in Ghosts too) is a factor here.

Edit: scratch that last phrase , I can't confirm GI utilization by Ghosts, my bad.

Edit2: scratch scratch that, apparently the game has a GI implementation, albeit a simple one:

The use of simulated global illumination is also present over the simpler real-time lighting model featured on current-generation consoles, and this is backed up by the use of screen-space reflections on glossy surfaces, along with additional shader effects that more realistically represent various materials when they are illuminated by dynamic light sources.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-call-of-duty-ghosts-next-gen-face-off

Last edited by a moderator:
its not going to be 30fps. They would never compromise the 60fps target, especially when they base all changes and upgrades in the engine on whether they can hit that target. Its going to get a lower screen resolution for Xbox one most definitely.

It makes sense though that they put out that bullshot for game informer magazine. Its easier to tell the upgrades to the assets when the IQ is pristine like that

It makes sense though that they put out that bullshot for game informer magazine. Its easier to tell the upgrades to the assets when the IQ is pristine like that

*PC Snob Moment* Those shots are more than likely PC renders using greater assets and better post effects. Hopefully some better video footage will be coming soon...

All I can say is...WOW! That's like...Infiltrator techdemo visuals right there...:oops:

Come on. Let's not go crazy.

It looks pretty good, especially considering how stagnant COD visuals have been for a long time. It doesn't look bad. But why go to the super extreme end of the spectrum and say it looks as good as a high end tech demo based on a 680 with an i7 and 32gb of RAM? It really doesn't.

*PC Snob Moment* Those shots are more than likely PC renders using greater assets and better post effects. Hopefully some better video footage will be coming soon...

Isn't that what bullshots are to start with? Offline PC renders? You sure as heck would not see Gears of War 3 IQ on 360 with the quality Epic showed off in a lot of its promotional images.

I don't think the assets will change much, but the general IQ and AA will definitely take a hit.

Come on. Let's not go crazy.

It looks pretty good, especially considering how stagnant COD visuals have been for a long time. It doesn't look bad. But why go to the super extreme end of the spectrum and say it looks as good as a high end tech demo based on a 680 with an i7 and 32gb of RAM? It really doesn't..

Some of the scenes are pretty close...mainly those night scenes. Day scenes don't look as good but you can't compare day scenes because Infiltrator was all night. Those bullshots definitely look Infiltrator quality though.

357179.jpg

005-noscale.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No. I doubt this will be 1080p on XB1 either.

Of course i could be wrong, IW is just a broken shell of its former self after all, they didn't get any version of the game completely right except maybe the 360 version. It could just be restricted to them being garbage tier.

Isn't that what bullshots are to start with? Offline PC renders? You sure as heck would not see Gears of War 3 IQ on 360 with the quality Epic showed off in a lot of its promotional images.

PC wise yes ...but the images "could" be real-time (not offline) as far as the PC is concerned. That amount of AA and overall IQ presented in those pics looks quite doable with a high-end PC (my PCs :p).

PC wise yes ...but the images "could" be real-time (not offline) as far as the PC is concerned. That amount of AA and overall IQ presented in those pics looks quite doable with a high-end PC (my PCs :p).

Well, yeah your definitely right about that. But i doubt they went through the lengths to show off the PC version in terms of it running on a consumer one in real time, especially when they have a deal in place to only show the Xbox versions.

The only patch the Xbox One got was the one that actually hurt the performance in multi-player.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-performance-drops-on-cod-ghosts-patch

Though I don't play COD so this may or may not have been fixed already.

Ouch. Ok. Hopefully Sledgehammer can wipe away Infinity Ward BS behavior of fudging.
Call of Duty: Ghosts runs at 1080p resolution on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Infinity Ward has said.

Well, yeah your definitely right about that. But i doubt they went through the lengths to show off the PC version in terms of it running on a consumer one in real time, especially when they have a deal in place to only show the Xbox versions.

See above...

If they dont get the Xbox one version to 1080p 60fps then they should at least hit 900p.
900p will look fine with good AA. Im wondering if the lighting and shadows will be the same between the Ps4 and X1 version if they do actually hit 1080p on the X1.

Back