BSG "Definitely the last Season"

Wow, lots of stuff going on. And in typical BSG fashion, we're left with just as many question as answers.

lol the Battlestar wiki is down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they reveal who the last cylon is? I'm going to watch it either tonight or tomorrow but just got home from watching a movie. I really want to know and don't want to wait a few hours for the answer. Don't tell us who it is, just if they finally unveiled it. Please.

Did they reveal who the last cylon is? I'm going to watch it either tonight or tomorrow but just got home from watching a movie. I really want to know and don't want to wait a few hours for the answer. Don't tell us who it is, just if they finally unveiled it. Please.

No spoiler but just to play it safe I'll use the spoiler tags.

Some people, albeit a minority, think that the real final cylon wasn't revealed tonight. Fracking with us, in other words.

Yes, they revealed the 12th.

But... surely there are 13 cylons?

Obviously, Ellen is the 12th according to D'Anna's vision. But it makes sense for Starbuck to be the 13th. 13 tribes... 13 cylons. They return to Kobol and Starbuck leads the fight against the enemy cylons... human + cylon allies win, settle on Kobol and the whole process starts over again.

Argh, I loved the scenes of Adama walking down the hall, but the reveal was pretty terrible IMO. It had no impact on me at all.

I watched the first episode of the final series here in the UK last night. Still little more than overwrought melodrama for me, pretty much like the rest of the last series. It has really lost its way since the second series - another example of successful shows from the US being milked for far too long.

I expect I'll continue to watch it to see what they come up with as a finale but I'm so far past caring it's getting kind of ridiculous. All the characters (including the cylons) are idiots or lunatics, many of whom apparently suffer from bipolar disorder - what else could explain the bizarre character changes from week to week and the endless quasi-mystical mumbo jumbo?

At least the acting isn't bad, which I find surprising considering some of the lines they have to deliver.

That was a stunning episode! Felix has carved out a strange tale for himself. And the cliffhanger! So hard to wait until next week...

It was! The other episodes this half season have been pretty bad, but this week there was actual dramatic stuff happening and genuine tension. Very exciting. It's good to know the writers still have it in them.

I for one am highly disappointed. I expected more, I'm tired of the silly interpersonal shit...I want some big questions answered.

The first episode was great, the last two have really left me wanting. :(

I for one am highly disappointed. I expected more, I'm tired of the silly interpersonal shit...I want some big questions answered.

The first episode was great, the last two have really left me wanting. :(
Starbuck is back, and Gaius is very close to returning to his "true self". This felt like something out of S2 in terms of character and quality. What's to disappoint?

That was a stunning episode! Felix has carved out a strange tale for himself. And the cliffhanger! So hard to wait until next week...

Did you watch the Next Week On bit at the end? Spoiler city :cry:

I thought this was a great episode, although I share digi's disappointment over them not answering any 'real' questions. My suspicion is that this situation will lead to a major revelation in the next episode, but I guess that's not such a hard call to make. :p

What I think is funny about BSG is their porous Brig setup. Practically anybody seems to be able to visit prisoners completely unattended (and without any surveillance) and then do whatever they please when they are there. In fact, half of the storylines seem to rely on this nonsense.

Almost as daft as the Borg's, "Uninvited aliens on our ship are not a threat until they start to interfere" gig from Star Trek.

II'm tired of the silly interpersonal shit...

And why does that have to spoil EVERY sci-fi series or movie, I'll never understand. There's not a single one without cute kids, cute animals or love stories. Hell, not all of them have to serve housewives and such, or do they?

*thinking of the dance scene in Matrix 2, shudder*

And why does that have to spoil EVERY sci-fi series or movie, I'll never understand. There's not a single one without cute kids, cute animals or love stories.

For this kind of frustration, you can always re-watch 2001: A Space Odyssey to find your inner peace.

Most normal people find it boring as a phonebook, but hey, it rules even in this aspect. No girly stuff -guarantee.

Beginning of BSG season one seemed really promising, but it ran out of air really quickly. Nowadays I just numbly stare Sarah Connor Chronicles and Clone Wars.

Well (going against the grain apparently) I loved this ep too. Don't want to spoil too much, but quite a few characters are stepping up to their potential levels of awesomeness.

I notice they left a few loose ends in this ep, like Anders' fate.

[rant] I was browsing the TWOP forums and ended up regretting it. User/official moderation was absent and people were posting spoilers from the yet to be aired episode. I hate that, and I also have to hit the Mute button when the Sci Fi channel airs their ads for the show. [end rant]

Great Starbuck/Apollo moment, lol, "You would have thought it was funny if you'd done it".

Back