BSG "Definitely the last Season"

Fine by me.

Although I have enjoyed the show, last season showed very clear signs of the writers running out of steam. Actually, I think it's been in decline since mid season two. Comments by Moore at the end of season three heavily suggested that they treated each production block in a making-it-up-as-we-go-along fashion without an overreaching story treatment planned out for the main arch – something that would have surprised me to learn up to the airing of the New Caprica episodes.

This is phenomenal news. It was pretty obvious last season that they started dragging. Props to the creative team for knowing they should end this now and to the executives for going along with it and not just ordering it to go on.

Great news. This should prevent the show from sliding further downhill. It's a shame that we'll have to wait until early 2008 for any episodes.

So who checked out the last episode? I thought it was a pretty straight-forward set-up for wrapping up the "final cylon" revelation. I think it's definitely too obvious to be Starbuck, and would love for it to be Gaius.

Season 3 was a shame, so I'm definitely hopeful for S4 to ride it home on a high.

I enjoyed the first episode of the last season. And I just saw the last 4 episodes of season 3, and they were definitely better than the 10 or so before it, even though they did have "preachy moralistic message of the week" syndrome.

The starbuck thing is going to be hard to explain, quite honestly. If she's not a cylon, then....well, where'd she come from? (but yeah, too obvious to be true)

Well where does the 'virtual-six' in Baltar's head come from? Where do the collective dreams come from, the ability of characters to predict the future? And remember when Baltar is asked in the first season to find a vulnerable target in a Cylon tylium refinery, and has no idea what he's looking for, but assured by his virtual-six that God would guide him, he picks a 'random' target, which turns out to be exactly the right one.

So I think it's clear that there's some higher force at work, and that higher force saved Starbuck and recreated her ship.

The original series didn't end. It was cancelled after a season without a real ending.

They brought it back a few years later as "Battlestar galactica 1980" or something like that, where they found earth(i.e. the whole series was on earth), but that was even more short lived and only had a few of the original characters.

The creators denounced Battlestar Galactica 1980 after it ended.

Come now, the Season 3 episodes dealing with the occupation weren't bad, especially Exodus 2 and the Pegasus getting destroyed. Also, I liked the 'court drama' trial of baltar/reveal of final 4/crossroads episodes.

What was filler was the Baltar on Basestar crap.

I personally think it's Gaeta = Final Cylon. Remember when Shelley Godfrey turned up with that photo showing Baltar betraying the colonials, and Gaeta goes from showing baltar guilty to proving his innocence in a snap?

Adama/Roslin/Starbuck/Gaius are too obvious. Besides, comments from Ron Moore pretty much eliminate Adama/Roslin/Gaius (he said no one in the Last Supper picture is the final cylon, e.g.
bsglastsupperl.jpg

The show has previously hinted the final four. For example, when Chief Tyrol was on the Algae planet, he got a sixth sense of the Temple of Five, and before that, he went insane, beat up Cally, and sought religious council with the Cavil cylon model because he thought he was a cylon, just like Boomer got suspicious.

I personally think it's Gaeta = Final Cylon. Remember when Shelley Godfrey turned up with that photo showing Baltar betraying the colonials, and Gaeta goes from showing baltar guilty to proving his innocence in a snap?
Perhaps he is, but I doubt the reasoning. Ron Moore is on the record stating that he's not all too concerned with what's been shown before and won't let that get in the way of his storytelling. In a sense it's apparent that both he and the Cylons never "had a plan" but rather just made things up as they went along. Resolving threads left hanging, avoiding contradictions, and making the whole more cohesive doesn't seem to be a priority.

Is Tricia Helfer in that pic twice? And the pic looks very photoshopped. Looks like those people didn't appear in that pic at the same time, seems to me like that would've been less effort than photoshopping all of them into the pic.

Is Tricia Helfer in that pic twice? And the pic looks very photoshopped. Looks like those people didn't appear in that pic at the same time, seems to me like that would've been less effort than photoshopping all of them into the pic.

Two different cylons.

Back