Brothers in Arms Exclusive PS3?

Why does it look fake? I could start by saying it just doesnt look real as in real life :???:

But. Bullet shells look fake, the shoes look fake, the way the clothing folds doesnt look real, and the texturing looks fake. It seems to look really soft too. I would say it looks like some lower quality CGI ...

EDIT : or was that an attempt to make me not keep my word. Because you succeeded :(

rounin said:
Why does it look fake? I could start by saying it just doesnt look real as in real life :???:

But. Bullet shells look fake, the shoes look fake, the way the clothing folds doesnt look real, and the texturing looks fake. It seems to look really soft too. I would say it looks like some lower quality CGI ...

EDIT : or was that an attempt to make me not keep my word. Because you succeeded :(

Oh well I'm not trying to jump on you about your opinion, I just wanted a more detailed explanation. The one above is good enough.

Thanks.

yawn another ww2 shooter (looks like its set in holland)
graphically though it looks pretty good
a few strange shadowing errors though it looks like for the motion blur theyre just faking it by blending this FB in with the last few

mckmas8808 said:
Can't wait till tonight. IGN Weekly show here I come.
http://media.games.ign.com/articles/693/693580/vids_1.html

looks ok, good particle effects and the skin looked good, lighting was just OK but not mind blowing. intense feeling and at least what we all should expect from next gen. After playing CoD2 I'll need more to blow me over as far as frantic WWII gameplay. Some of the sequence looked a little canned.

appears to have similar gameplay elements as last gen version of BIA but I'd expect even beter AI which was already pretty good.

Lost Planet trailer visuals blew me away more but I got to see that on my HDTV and this was crappy video quality (not an insider) so we'll see

Last edited by a moderator:
after seeing a higher res version I think it looks a little better than my first impression (and good) but not quite awe inspiring.

If I had never played a next gen game before, I am sure I would be more excited. :smile:

:oops: @ that footage.

I can't believe people are saying that wasn't impressive. Click on the high-res video in the link above. The explosion and detail on the soldiers was just insane.

Hardknock said:
:oops: @ that footage.

I can't believe people are saying that wasn't impressive. Click on the high-res video in the link above. The explosion and detail on the soldiers was just insane.

For me, it's not that it isn't impressive. It is impressive. Partcularly the explosion and the crate destruction..
Its just I see nothing about it that sets it apart from other war games visually. It literally looks like another COD to me.

All the upcoming 1st/2nd party stuff definitely looks better than this in my opinion.

The explosion is decent and the "death sequence" is interesting, but it all looked very...familiar. It was less impressive than the first shots might have indicated, IMO, but then again, it was a very short video, only a taster I'm sure.

Shouldn't the thread title name change since this isn't a PS3 exclusive?

Nice video btw, this is my fav out of the three big war titles. far more character development and tactics in this series compared to the other WWII games.

Back