Brothers in Arms Exclusive PS3?

mckmas8808 said:
Okay you should be able to see the new screenshots now.
And here's the link to the actual article here

How do you like them? The dead kid looks amazing (as scary as that sounds :???: )

looking very nice :D

UE3 no?

Titanio said:
Err...what do you want them to do? Tell third parties not to make games available on 360?

Be realistic, multiplatform games are a common fixture. The likes of BIA3 will certainly be welcome on PS3, and it should be there within a month of launch. There will obviously be exclusives also like any system (not that third party games could never show a system's "superiority" either - but that's just a general note, not a BIA3 specific one).

I'm just saying Sony should have some more impressive games than BIA3, otherwise the bar is being set by a cross platform game which wouldn't be good. For better or worse, they've created some pretty high expectations for the system.

Those new shots are awesome as usual, I think it would be funny if the best looking title on BOTH systems was a X-platform game (which looks to be the case to me at this point). I wonder if the PS3 version will be delayed at all, or if there will be any difference due to the shorter development time.

Last edited by a moderator:
scooby_dooby said:
.... they've created some pretty high expectations for the system.

Yes they have.

Will the PS3 be a solid sytem with great games with cutting edge media drive and other included features?

YES.

Will it blow away anything the X360 is capable of? that remains to be seen but all signs point to them being similar with each flexing its muscles in different games in different ways. BIA3 as an example so far (based on the scans) that cross platforms could be identical.

Sony's own PR (starting at last E3 and no doubt continuing at the next E3) and some vocal commentary on forums has built up PS3 as being superior to 360 in games.

That is a bit premature IMO and perhaps those of us who post reservations are not haters but just cautious and somewhat cynical until we see proof on our own HDTVs. :smile:

scooby_dooby said:
I'm just saying Sony should have some more impressive games than BIA3, otherwise the bar is being set by a cross platform game which wouldn't be good. For better or worse, they've created some pretty high expectations for the system.

Those new shots are awesome as usual, I think it would be funny if the best looking title on BOTH systems was a X-platform game (which looks to be the case to me at this point).

Well..BIA looks great cosmetically, but it definitely won't be the 'best looking game' for the systems..not even for this year.
Many teams are flat out more talented artistically/creatively and can deliver better visual experiences than a simple World War 2 shooter can.

As far the PS3 needing exclusives to show its edge in power..I think Kojima (the person whom we all should look to for most PS3 performance) hit it on the head, when he said the hardware isn't an issue, and theres nothing he could do that he couldn't do on 360 (or PC).

scooby_dooby said:

Well to be fair E3 is weeks away so...

Also (damn I hate to say it but) I still think till this day that people have put a ceiling on how good these next-gen systems will be. To hear people say KZ isn't possible or Motorstorm isn't until 2011 is plain stupid.

Seeing games look like this "within" the launch window for the PS3 means ALOT. And that goes for the X360 too!

:cry: But I am seeing the eye doctor tomorrow.

But really these aren't that great :oops: Like the bullets on the ground are really ugly and look like sprites ... and the cloth on the boy looks fake.

rounin said:
:cry: But I am seeing the eye doctor tomorrow.

But really these aren't that great :oops: Like the bullets on the ground are really ugly and look like sprites ... and the cloth on the boy looks fake.
It does have some style to it. This is still one of the most realistic games out now.

mckmas8808 said:
bia318uc.jpg

bia324ta.jpg

http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/6444/bia311wt.jpg
where are those screens from?

mckmas8808 said:
And to think it will be a PS3 launch window game. :oops:

whats the big deal about that? shouldnt it look good considering is a 2nd gen xbox 360 title and they already have that added experience in developing for next gen consoles?

valioso said:
whats the big deal about that? shouldnt it look good considering is a 2nd gen xbox 360 title and they already have that added experience in developing for next gen consoles?

The big deal is some very stupid people on the internet are complaining about...

1. Next-gen isn't up to snuff yet.

2. People are disappointed by next-gen games so far.

3. Internet heads are already stated what's not possible (graphics wise) for the PS3.

4. Makes Nintendo look stupid when they say dimenishing returns and they can never say those words again now.

5. And the obvious it's nice to have a launch window title that looks this good!!

mckmas8808 said:
The big deal is some very stupid people on the internet are complaining about...

1. Next-gen isn't up to snuff yet.

2. People are disappointed by next-gen games so far.

3. Internet heads are already stated what's not possible (graphics wise) for the PS3.

4. Makes Nintendo look stupid when they say dimenishing returns and they can never say those words again now.

5. And the obvious it's nice to have a launch window title that looks this good!!

most of those pts have nothing to do with being a ps3 launch window game.. and is not a ps3 only game, so imo, the extra yr they had of experience with the 360 will help in catching up to speed with certain things, specially being a multiplatform title.

valioso said:
most of those pts have nothing to do with being a ps3 launch window game.. and is not a ps3 only game, so imo, the extra yr they had of experience with the 360 will help in catching up to speed with certain things, specially being a multiplatform title.

Doesn't matter, it's still a PS3 launch window game regardless how you want to look at it. I took up for the X360 a couple of times because many people don't realize that alot of games that came out for it were just current gen port'em ups.

This game is one of the few real next-gen games. And I will be happy to play it as a PS3 launch window game.

Back