Are you ready

"this Fall" kekeke

Much like the Warcraft 3 previews (last Christmas) that said "Coming This Winter", you are left wondering whether this fall means '2002' or '2003'.

I think the more recent talk of GeForce still being in the title is possibly correct (at time of writing) so out of those suggestions GeForceFX or GeForce5 FX seem appropriate.

So definitively

3DFx (would prefer this one 8) )
Geforce FX (well :-? )
Geforce 5 FX (hmm doesn't sound good, and too long :devilish: )

Hmmmm, I guess that means that we'll eventually have something like the GeForce5 FX MX? And will that be based on FX tech at all? ;)

That I donno yet... Perhaps there won't be an "MX", who knows... :)

Do you we know what type of products the codes NV30/NV31 and NV34 represent for sure now?

NV31 - MX-type variant? NV34 - AIW?

MuFu.

nVidia AIW type cards have not had different cores so I would not expect that NV34 is an AIW type of card.

In Anand's latest nForce 2 review, he says "We expect the first major step to come with the NV34 based nForce solution due out next year." Since all other nVidia IGP parts have been based on low end chips, this would indicate to me that NV34 would be the scaled down part.

If nVidia numbering schemes make any sense, does that mean there will be no "budget" NV2x chip (aka, skip DX8 feature set and go to DX9)?

demalion said:
I wouldn't really say egotistical.

I'd say rather incredibly corny, though. That voice...hmm...I'd call that a bit of over acting. Would fans really eat that video up? Found the total effort sort of ridiculous.

Hmm...maybe "pompous". The nature of the effort isn't inherently egotistical at all (IMO), but the presentation strikes me as perhaps self-important if they think all that melodrama is suitable to stand by itself.
Hmm, you are right.
Its not really egotistical, its just SO OVERDONE (and so poorly) that i cant believe its not tongue-in-cheek.
But then, i cant imagine that is IS tongue-in-cheek, because of its placement to the world at large, who wouldnt get it. So it must be real, and thus incredibly "cheezy".
Did they hire a TV evangelist to write the script and do the directing?

Can you reach this from the main NVIDIA page? I wonder how wide spread its supposed to be.

And yeah, the video is mighty cheezy.

It'll probably be called GeForce5FX or GeForceX or GeForce FX or something like that. The GeForce "brandname" is too good to lose IMO.

As for the "movie", I'm just wondering how anyone could've spotted this particular page. Maybe it was "leaked" :)

I think it will be called Eclipse. I think the "Are you ready page" supports this as the spinning chip Eclipses the sun on each spin...

though Omen sounds plausible as well...

Hmmm...I don't think it will contain the G but will keep the Force as Nvidia will always be a force in the graphics industry.

Force FX
Force 5 FX
FX Force
FX Force 5

Back