Are you ready

nuts, and me without shockwave (on linux). Well, today should be a big day. Between the 9500, the 9700, and whatever this announcement is, it should be pretty interesting. :)

Can't wait to see the 9500 and the 9700. Need something to go with my lcd screen! :)

Nite_Hawk

gkar1 said:
Neither Hell nor Heaven hath known the rage of the NVDA marketing department :LOL:
Rage? What is the NVDA M. Dept doing with an ATI card?

Considering the treatment ATI got in that other thread after showing a R300 with DDR2, is this little flash animation marketing or FUD?

Let the flamewar begin! :)

*G*

Kristof said:
They are IMHO asking for this :

Are you READY ? Because we are not...
;)

:LOL:
Hint: IMHO that is a bad way to mine the credibility of this site.

ciao,
Marco

p.s. I hope meanwhile Nvidia try to release their already late new GPU someone other try to fix their already multiple broken drivers,
the kyro2 sitting on my PC would be glad. Sorry, I really couldn't resist.

I somehow doubt that Kristof was talking on behalf of ImgTch when he threw in his (quite amusing) quip.

Certainly no need to start flaming Kyro drivers just because of a joke about the late arrival of NV30.

All IMHO, of course.

Mariner said:
I somehow doubt that Kristof was talking on behalf of ImgTch when he threw in his (quite amusing) quip.
Of course he wasn't.
Certainly no need to start flaming Kyro drivers just because of a joke about the late arrival of NV30.
Flaming? Oh no....unfortunately I'm not that good in quips and that is the best I could do, sorry for the cheapness :)

ciao,
Marco

Yes!!!!!!!! NV30 is coming!!! But I think the better question is... is ATI ready..... I sure hope they try to be! Let the next graphics war begin!!!

Well Kristof if they name it Omen, you might as well opt then for Exorcist :LOL:

The latter was a far better movie anyway if you ask me ;)

Grall said:
Considering the treatment ATI got in that other thread after showing a R300 with DDR2, is this little flash animation marketing or FUD?

This is nothing but hype, which certainly falls squarely in the marketing camp. But so does FUD. ;)

This is nothing but hype...

But Russ...

Sigh. If its timed to co-incide or trump another companies product, it certainly adds to the uncertainty of who'll be out first or that that competing product will be better.

All of marketting is based on making people fear using anybody elses product than yours. Whether its that they'll be beaten on cost, features, support or whatever its still about fear.

This "are you ready" seems REMARKABLY timed with the 9500 Pro / 9700 launch, no?

And of course, this is all based on Fear that buying a 9500/9700 won't be as good as whatever nVidia wants us to be "ready for?"

Clearly, by your definitions, this is FUD by nVidia.

Well, there we go. Your question is answered.

(Except that flash animation isn't available from the NVIDIA website, or can't be reached from the home page, as far as I can tell)

??

My question is not answered. Do you consider this FUD, as your definitions imply, or "nothing but hype", which is what you said two posts ago?

Tsk, tsk, tsk guys: have you all forgotten about the Iron Developers Conf in Japan yesterday? About all the details on NV30 which should be leaked all over the internet today?

Oh wait, I guess someone isn't ready at all... ;)

Gosh! Why do so many people on here flame on Nvidia so bad. If Ati came out with some great products and began to dominate the industry through hard work and innovation, would you hate them too? Personally I think its kinda funny because I love competition (it drive the prices down) but my gosh people, is it really such a bad thing to make really good graphics chips? Can't wait till Comdex!!!!

Back