Are you ready

There's a screensaver ready for download - click the little "n" on the bottom right.
Log on as a Guest with the password "twintexel"

Got the screensaver early yesterday. The only thing that would have made it better if there was some lightening streaking in the sky and thunder for sound. Other than that it is not a bad saver.

hmm is it me or does the video end with the edge of a sun going across the screen and there is an eclipsed moon on the desktop picture.

All the visual clues point to eclipse being used somewhere.

I don't think they will be able to name it Eclipse, because Ati owns that trademark. Hmmm.... I wonder if they could name it EclipseFX or maybe FXEclipse. CineEclipse? Hey, that doesn't sound too bad.

DadUM said:
nVidia AIW type cards have not had different cores so I would not expect that NV34 is an AIW type of card.

Good point, doh.

In Anand's latest nForce 2 review, he says "We expect the first major step to come with the NV34 based nForce solution due out next year." Since all other nVidia IGP parts have been based on low end chips, this would indicate to me that NV34 would be the scaled down part.

If nVidia numbering schemes make any sense, does that mean there will be no "budget" NV2x chip (aka, skip DX8 feature set and go to DX9)?

Ahhh... yes, of course, nForce. Man I am slow today.

MuFu.

I think they should name it SNL-FX... because it's still not ready for prime time....... :rolleyes:

Just kidding.... really...... 10 pages on a name? People, get a life, please!

NV30 name

A few Good names for NV30:

Armageddon
Zeus
Neptune Vpu
Achilleus

(All the above from Greek mythology)

NVThunder
NVPhoton
ArchAngel
Detonator
DiaVolo :devilish:

Ugh, the game (at the are you ready site) is hard! :( heh

I can't help but wonder why the good chips keep flying right into my laser blasts that are heading for the bad chips..

What messages is Nvidia trying to send with this game, exactly? Do the graphics in the game represent to what they are aiming at with NV30? Does the ratio of the "good" chips to bad chips correspond to NV30 yields? There MUST be some deeper meaning to this!!!!

The site is updated again with rolling hills and another bubble with a G in it on the left hand site of the rolling gpu chip. It brings up a popup window which loads with some type of game to play with Nvidia chips to save and black chips as the targets to shoot at.

Back