Are you ready

BNA! said:
click the little "n" on the bottom right.

I'm afraid - are you sure I won't be staring at the personal medical files of the under secretary of defense?

If anyone remembers the move The Net with the ohh-so hot Sandra Bullock.

Johnathan256 said:
I don't think they will be able to name it Eclipse, because Ati owns that trademark. Hmmm.... I wonder if they could name it EclipseFX or maybe FXEclipse. CineEclipse? Hey, that doesn't sound too bad.

Actually, ATI hasn't been awarded the trademark yet.

If you search for the trademark in the USPTO database, and click Current Status, here's what it says
Current Status: A non-final action has been mailed. This is a letter from the examining attorney requesting additional information and/or making an initial refusal. However, no final determination as to the registrability of the mark has been made.
If you look at the Goods/Services part of the application, you can see how the attorney wants more info. ATI listed everything from integrated circuits, chipsets, dvd players/recorders, web browsers, cable modems, and "testing apparatus for all the aforesaid goods". Yikes, that'll be one damn fine technology, lmao.

Now since I have no idea how the trademark process works, it doesn't mean that ATI won't end up getting it, but it's not official yet.

I've read a couple possibilities about NV31. One was the MX-type card, or a mobile version of nv30 but that was a long long long time ago so it's probably not right.

Yeah, after reading about all the crap Ati has for uses of the name, it is easy to get the impression that they attempted to trademark that name rather quickly. Wonder why.... :-?

Johnathan256 said:
Yeah, after reading about all the crap Ati has for uses of the name, it is easy to get the impression that they attempted to trademark that name rather quickly. Wonder why.... :-?
Oh good lord, whatever?
Fanboi, go away.
Look up radeon - same exact description by ATI.
Oh yeah, i bet they stole that name from nVidia also!!!

Lezmaka said:
I've read a couple possibilities about NV31. One was the MX-type card, or a mobile version of nv30 but that was a long long long time ago so it's probably not right.

In the past they've been one and the same, with the original GeForce2 MX's dual-display functionality a throwback from it also being a laptop part. Of course, the laptop versions will generally have more power-saving features, but the cores are essentially the same.

flash has been updated yet again, now there is a flash game where you shoot the enemy chips down... the hidden bubble is directly left of the hidden movie bubble

The first letter is a "G" on this, so maybe some form of variant on Geforce will be the answer.

And on the game, the best score I can manage is -500. Anyone able to beat this? :)

Sharkfood said:
And on the game, the best score I can manage is -500. Anyone able to beat this? :)

Actually, I would like to know what the reward is for finishing stage 2? I finished stage 1 (yeah, I know I have too much spare time), then you got to shoot 30 more chips for the "reward".

Any one finish stage 2?

G.O.T.C.H.A

BNA! said:
Sharkfood said:
The first letter is a "G" on this...

Just a wild guess: "G" stands for "game" :)

I'd like to think it's for Gotcha! As in got you ;)

If this isn't really a mickey take nVidia are looking more and more unprofessional (IMHO)

I finished the game! (wasn't that hard :-? )

The reward are the weekly passwords for some Intranet Desktop thing;

28 October: TwiNtexel
4 November: Cg
11 November: CineFX

Geeforcer said:
What messages is Nvidia trying to send with this game, exactly? Do the graphics in the game represent to what they are aiming at with NV30? Does the ratio of the "good" chips to bad chips correspond to NV30 yields? There MUST be some deeper meaning to this!!!!

Well if they've got someone like me shooting all the nv30s (presumably the silver chips) then its no wonder its delayed :LOL:

Obviously, the fact that there are good chips and bad chips (poor yield!) flying through the air means that someone at nVidia isn't satisfied with NV30. I mean, someone is throwing the chips at you! Eek!

But...
There are, as far as I can see, two different kinds of chips attacking me.

One is grey and fires laser beams, one is marked with an nVidia logo and does less harm..
Could this be a hint that they use an external "TTL" chip in addition to the main VPU?

Just wondering...

With Regards
Kjetil Høiby

Kaizer said:
There are, as far as I can see, two different kinds of chips attacking me.

One is grey and fires laser beams, one is marked with an nVidia logo and does less harm..
Notice that the "bad" chips have lasers, but the nvidia chips do not... You mean they couldn't squeeze in some lasers in 120 million transitors? Or are the lasers one of the features that got removed? ;) :D

Back