Are you ready

the shooting part may be tellng us there's on-chip "ray-tracing"???

ah and for the name??

GeForce 5 FX seems very likely...:
GeForce (DDR)
GeForce 2 GTS - PRO - Ultra
==> completely new architecture/breakthrough
GeForce 3 TI - MX
GeForce 4 TI - MX
==> new architecture?? big breakthrough??
GeForce 5 FX??

Kaizer said:
But...
There are, as far as I can see, two different kinds of chips attacking me.

One is grey and fires laser beams, one is marked with an nVidia logo and does less harm..
Could this be a hint that they use an external "TTL" chip in addition to the main VPU?

Just wondering...

With Regards
Kjetil Høiby

Clearly, the chips with laser beams are not Nvidia. Perhaps this is a hint at the capabilities of the R400, and nVidia's plans to fly a spaceship and shoot at ATi? Obviously, the NV30s cannot compete with the grey chips, because they don't have lasers at all!

But maybe that's just Nvidia's way of saying "Our chips are so good that even without lasers they are more then a match for even for the armed competitor's chips"

To validate this claim, someone will have to bench NV30 in TrenchflyMart with "Lasers" set to 0 against R300 with "Lasers" set to 2x.

I don't see why people are taking this so seriously. Let Nvidia have a little fun with a launch . It's far more fun than their "We will change the world " or their release of the Geforce3 one . It's different for them....

ben6 said:
I don't see why people are taking this so seriously. Let Nvidia have a little fun with a launch . It's far more fun than their "We will change the world " or their release of the Geforce3 one . It's different for them....
Geeforcer said:
But maybe that's just Nvidia's way of saying "Our chips are so good that even without lasers they are more then a match for even for the armed competitor's chips"

To validate this claim, someone will have to bench NV30 in TrenchflyMart with "Lasers" set to 0 against R300 with "Lasers" set to 2x.

Ben - who is taking what seriously here?

After wading through Joe DeFuria posts from way back, the only thing I can state with authority about which way he swings is that he really seems to want to cut Teasys dick off.

Many people want my dick :), but not usually to take with them of course :)

On a serious note:

Joe, are you getting PM's? Because I've sent quite a few to you and you haven't replied.

Unfurtunately this is not the case.

Heh, I just edited my comment out because I just knew this would get me into a off topic argument. Seems I edited too late.

Well with my Kyro II, the last time I used it (a couple of months ago) I could play any game or app (emulators ect) I tried and they all played well. What's the problem your having with it?

jb said:
OT Season One B5 DVDs should be out this month... Go Kosh, Go Kosh Your a Vorlon, Go Kosh.... :)

Here in Germany it's out by today :)
You can guess I'm ready now!

Gollum said:
LOL, go a few pages back and you will see I responded with exactly the same quote!

That's why I've edited the quote to "various board members wrote" - feels good not to be the only geek on earth.

BTW - I'm just about the leave my PC to get the DVD set for the (w)geekend.
Hey that's good: Happy geekend everybody!

goddamnit it was always on at a ridiculous time in the UK and I never saw it to its conclusion.

Never did found out about how it all wound it in B5.

They all died, Dave........ *

*Dave, they're all dead!

Well, at least on Red Dwarf! Oh, and Blakes 7, too......

Back