AMD's FSR 3 upscaling and frame interpolation *spawn

It works here, supposedly, the improvement I can see is 3:40 in on the balloon to the left, but casual viewing doesn't really show much of a problem in the first place. Then again the real problem was always with rotating movement really.

Last edited:
Tried to play Ratchet and Clank on the Steam Deck to test out FSR3.1.... and... it doesn't work at all. Doesn't even list it as an option, it just says FSR2.2. What a disappointment.
Ok I'm an idiot. I said it didn't work at all, but I thought I had the game updated but I guess it was just a shader update that I installed yesterday and not the actual patch. Today I got the actual update and it works lol.

Ancient Gameplays found big improvements over FSR 2.1 in all titles. FSR 3.1 had less shimmering in the tested scenes than DP4A XeSS in GoT and Horizon, while in R&C it was clearly worse.

I think it pretty much boils down to which scene is being tested. During actual gameplay under certain conditions some anomalies might not be noticed. Definitely an improvement over the previous FSR version in some scenes while not in others. It would be interesting if some sites added the Lossless Scaling app into the review comparison.

R&C seems to have regressed, this FSR2.2 comparison from the previous page shows it getting flickering on the carpet when it was perfectly fine earlier.

The only game I seem to have with the new FSR update is Spiderman Remastered and testing it against DLSS, FSR still has way more shimmering on building details. It's still there with DLSS but much more muted.

The above video is mostly due to water in the background, otherwise foliage normally looks fine.

They have clearly hit the limit for their hand made algorithm. They could make it blurrier with less artifacts or sharper with more artifacts, but clear improvements will be even harder in the future.

I can see them doing a AI enhanced version of fsr and a DP4A "light AI" version, like Intel, while keeping fsr 3.1 for legacy hardware.

Back