Lossless Scaling. Machine learning Frame Generation and upscaling on ANY GPU!

My Friend Peppa Pig. The framerate and animations look much smoother but the game's framerate becomes 1/3 of 165fps when using Rivatuner to limit the framerate to 55fps. It means that the game runs 3 times slower, it's almost comical. Closing Rivatuner, the game runs at 165fps and using LS makes no difference at all.

It's like the engine of some games runs internally at the framerate of your display and the game can run easily at that framerate on your computer without FG, so enabling LS works in conjunction with Rivatuner and the game's speed becomes 1/3rd or the actual's game speed instead of 3X. Odd.

PAW Patrol Mighty Pups Save Adventure Bay. There is a big difference when using LS and running the game at 165fps vs 60fps or 55fps. Very noticeable.

These are some of the games which my nephews play on my computer.

@gamervivek the HDR toggle is enabled, right? Sorry for the silly question but I don't have a nVidia GPU.

2D games galore.

Tested F-Zero Maximum Velocity in a GBA emulator.

And Street Fighter 2 The World Warrior, F-Zero and Super Mario Kart on a SNES emulator.

The smoothness comparing 60fps to Lossless Scaling at 165fps is night and day. This is specially most noticeable when the camera rotates, and in regards to the overall feel of the game.

Last edited:
watching via streaming the Georgia vs Portugal match today in the Euro Cup at 25fps and enabling LS made the experience better, it wasn't as jerky, very smooth. However at such low base framerate some artifacts appeared from time to time, specially during replays or when a camera followed laterally a player who was running fast. Other than that it was another good experience with the app.

As of currently I launch the app during Windows startup, along with Rivatuner -which I also launch at Windows startup-.

watching via streaming the Georgia vs Portugal match today in the Euro Cup at 25fps and enabling LS made the experience better, it wasn't as jerky, very smooth. However at such low base framerate some artifacts appeared from time to time, specially during replays or when a camera followed laterally a player who was running fast. Other than that it was another good experience with the app.

As of currently I launch the app during Windows startup, along with Rivatuner -which I also launch at Windows startup-.
Going to try this this weekend with the motogp and u.s motocross, I like 60fps feeds but struggle to get them so pretty curious to see how this works on them.

played a bit of Senua's Hellblade 2 (PC gamepass), with good graphics settings locked to 30fps to play in silence. I enabled LS x3 (with the Perfomance toggle enabled) and Hellblade 2 went from running at 30fps to running at 28fps (x3), so 84fps.

Thus I decided to lock the game at 28fps + LS x3 FG (Perfomance mode enabled too) and the experience is super smooth. There are a few artifacts in some fast movements, but they aren't distracting nor they are constant. Runs buttery smooth that way.

You got me hyped up so I bought the thing as well. The performance mode does work surprisingly well indeed (if you tolerate artefacts). But without performance mode, the input lag is excessive.
good to know, I never ever used the default non performance mode so I didn't even notice a difference in input lag. Artifacts aren't that common either in Performance mode, in my experience, except when you enter 30fps base -or less than that- territory. I run like 99% of my games at 55fps, dropping to 40fps or 30fps in a few selected games.

Which games have you tried if that's not asking much?

Not many - the input lag observation was Arma3. It worked nicely otherwise.
I hoped frame generation to be good for Elite Dangerous on-foot action but absolutely not, much too jittery and inconsistent frame rate on RX580. Way better with builtin FSR scaling only.

Starfield. A demanding game even at Low settings. XeSS Balanced enabled, Medium settings, managed to lock the game at 40fps and Performance mode, FG x 3. At 30 and 40 fps there are some artifacts. At 55fps base they mostly disappear. I didn't play the game much, in fact that was the first time I played this game.

Injustice 2. FG x 3, Performance mode. A super experience. The cinematics can drop to 30 something, 40 something fps and the added smoothness of LS helps those scenes a lot. The game itself is flawless at 165fps con LS FG.

Played both games on PC gamepass.

Having not looked at this at all, is this final frame generation? How does it perform quality-wise for HUD overlays?

Back