AMD's FSR 3 upscaling and frame interpolation *spawn

Any reports of how well it's working and/or how well the AMD anti lag+ works? did a quick google but didn't find anything.
Tested it for a few minutes and it works really well. My only gripes are that it requires to enable FSR upscaling with native AA or one of the quality modes. Any of these introduces tons of flickering to the image. DLSS cannot be used in conjunction with fsr frame generation.

No fsr at all has the most stable image but you cannot use frame generation.

It seems pretty good so far but I didn’t test extensively.

Last edited:
The fact that you can't combine it with Reflex and DLSS is a huge bummer. But nice to hear it's solid.

I could see Turing and Ampere users ditch DLSS for FSR3+FSR2. Really hope Nvidia is going to make a DLSS3 light or work on FSR3 support for DLSS, it's open source after all.

The fact that you can't combine it with Reflex and DLSS is a huge bummer. But nice to hear it's solid.

I could see Turing and Ampere users ditch DLSS for FSR3+FSR2. Really hope Nvidia is going to make a DLSS3 light or work on FSR3 support for DLSS, it's open source after all.
LOL .... :LOL:

So even though these two titles are considered flops in 2023, it'll be interesting to see just how FSR 3 works and stacks up against NVIDIA's DLSS 3 and Frame Generation technology. We're not holding our breath for good news, as it seems the media hasn't been given the chance to preview FSR 3 before its launch. Here at TweakTown, we haven't heard anything about FSR 3 regarding review or preview access.

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/9350...eemingly-no-early-access-for-media/index.html

Just tested it. Incredible technology if you have a high refreshrate monitor. Sadly reflex or antilag is not available in Forspoken, so input lag is acceptable but not great. I can imagine with it on it will be even more awesome.

FSR3 isn't working properly for me. I get massive frame time spikes while using it with everything but FSP Ultra Performance. In that mode at least though it seems to work as advertised but I can't speak to image quality which is obviously poor at those settings.

On the general image quality front, I've never directly compared DLSS with FSR myself before but this games foliage really isn't FSR friendly. DLSS Balanced here has an undoubtably better image quality than FSR quality while obviously running a lot faster.

Joysticks and mice are leagues apart. When they say fast mouse movement they are likely referring to competitive fps snap mouse speeds. Most console games don’t perform like that.

This is the experience of the driver side FSR3.

"I have tried FMF in Witcher 3 and Dying Light 2. FMF in W3 outright didn't work at all. Dying Light 2 worked but I couldn't find it worthwhile, not really feels like high frames, increased input lag and almost drunken like motion artifacts made it useless.

Standing still is great, doubling the framerate even though it doesn't feel much different. Moving mouse quickly causes FMF to turn off as intended. Even moving slowly is not grear because of the hazy visuals and added input lag.

So its good fps boost if I'm standing still not playing the game which is not really different compared to FMF off since I still need to get 60-70 fps for proper FMF experience anyway"

Last edited:
I dont get higher frames with FSR 3 in Immortals... But i think you can not really compare both because the game has to be restarted for the change.

With a fast panel FSR 3 FG is mostly useless. It adds a ton of blur to the image. I guess it helps with the uneven frame pacing when not having a constant frametime.

Last edited:
FSR3 isn't working properly for me. I get massive frame time spikes while using it with everything but FSP Ultra Performance. In that mode at least though it seems to work as advertised but I can't speak to image quality which is obviously poor at those settings.

On the general image quality front, I've never directly compared DLSS with FSR myself before but this games foliage really isn't FSR friendly. DLSS Balanced here has an undoubtably better image quality than FSR quality while obviously running a lot faster.
FSR 2 bundles nearly every motion artifact from all the graphic techniques of the last 10-15 years into one tidy package.

"I have tried FMF in Witcher 3 and Dying Light 2. FMF in W3 outright didn't work at all. Dying Light 2 worked but I couldn't find it worthwhile, not really feels like high frames, increased input lag and almost drunken like motion artifacts made it useless.

Standing still is great, doubling the framerate even though it doesn't feel much different. Moving mouse quickly causes FMF to turn off as intended. Even moving slowly is not grear because of the hazy visuals and added input lag.

So its good fps boost if I'm standing still not playing the game which is not really different compared to FMF off since I still need to get 60-70 fps for proper FMF experience anyway"

Maybe there is some bug with the Nvidia HW he is testing on that is causing the terrible end user experience.!

It’s pre-release drivers for driver side frame generation that only work for a handful of titles. I’ve explicitly said to wait for full release if it comes before you judge it.

Here’s a rebuttal:

It’s pre-release drivers for driver side frame generation that only work for a handful of titles. I’ve explicitly said to wait for full release if it comes before you judge it.

Here’s a rebuttal:
One might also take into account that it's the only option out there at the moment for 'universal' frame gen

One might also take into account that it's the only option out there at the moment for 'universal' frame gen
Agreed. Being universal, It’s bound to perform better in some titles more than others.

Do you think they will release it to all IHVs? Or will they just restrict to RDNA3?

Last edited:
Back