• Within couple months

Votes: 28 18.1%
  • Very late this year

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • Not until next year

Votes: 69 44.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I dunno in contrast it looks to me like 3 outputs would be more useful on low-end cards. Simply because high-end cards are mostly used for gaming where there still isn't that much need for multi-head, but low-end cards are more appropriate for office use where this should come in more handy. And don't forget the existing multi-mon cards where both nvidia and amd simply stick two low-end chips on the same card to be able to offer more outputs, it is not an option to put high-end chips on those.

almost all low end mother-boards have IGP nowadays and we're moving towards IGP included on the CPU packages. Lowest end mobos have DVI-D + VGA (mine is an exception, a gigabyte full ATX mobo with no IGP and four PCI), and there dirt cheap passive video cards with a lowest end GPU and two dual link DVI ports. So up to four outputs, and you can have 3 VGA monitors or 3 DVI monitors.

So regarding office use I would say needs are fulfilled today.

meh, the options were already in Cat 9.8 :(

I installed the 9.8 ccc on the 9.3 legacy driver

292xicy.jpg

Kef posted the link without translations as I screwed up the link, but as you can see, it's possible, and the change was made in drivers (though probably the hardware had to be capable of it in the first place, too?)

Not sure if this was posted already:

Cypress price $299US. Previews on Sep 10, reviews on Sep 22 and availability in Oct before Win7. Hemlock (2 x Cypress) expected in November.

Cypress price $299US. Previews on Sep 10, reviews on Sep 22 and availability in Oct before Win7. Hemlock (2 x Cypress) expected in November.

In addition to those, someone mentioned that 300k cards (including all tiers that get released?) will be ready on the actual launch at Sep 22

So if it's just gonna be a preview on 10 sep, then we'll prolly have to wait for details of hw architecture till 22nd.:rolleyes:

299 USD. Hopefully that's true, and thus keeps it well within the sweet spot for performance mainstream.

Regards,
SB

Or maybe just a marketing name for the integrated sound controller, which is used for HDMI audio.

Yeah, it could be, too. :LOL:

P.S.: the RV870 diagram disappeared, does anyone have a copy/link?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back