Am. Football games 2008 PS3/X360

Well, in a nutshell: you're wrong.
Could you name one Xbox360 game that doesn't have any AA and isn't a launch title, Gears of War or the Halo 3 beta? There may be plenty but I haven't seen them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was confirmed as having 2xMSAA?

Lap the Competition: With true next-generation features made possible by the power of Xbox 360, Forza Motorsport 2 burns rubber at 60 fps with 2x full-screen anti-aliasing, and high-dynamic-range lighting in crisp 720p high-definition glory. Feel every nuance of your car and the road thanks to support for the official Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/f/forzamotorsport2/

And to get back on topic, I was only able to spend about 15 minutes with 2k8 last night. It has the classic 2k8 feel and I can't wait to get deeper into it.

Anyone play NCAA yet? Standard Madden fare?

I dont know about DOA, but there are several games with 4x AA on the X360. For example two recent titles called Dirt and The Darkness.

Apperently i was wrong about DOA , Dirt i don't know, but like i said i wouldn't be suprised. Darkness though i'll check it out becuase from the trailers i've seen that wasn't the case.

Apperently i was wrong about DOA , Dirt i don't know, but like i said i wouldn't be suprised. Darkness though i'll check it out becuase from the trailers i've seen that wasn't the case.

yep Dirt and Darkness both have very good AA on 360 (could very well be 4x)

edit: oh and check the demo on 360 for Darkness... trailers suck for determining AA. there is no way to see what the game offers without seeing it on an HDTV running at home (even better is the final shipped product and not even a demo IMO).

nobody should be judging AA or graphic quality at all if all you have to go by are trailers.

Last edited by a moderator:
And to get back on topic, I was only able to spend about 15 minutes with 2k8 last night. It has the classic 2k8 feel and I can't wait to get deeper into it.

Anyone play NCAA yet? Standard Madden fare?

2k8 has great game play. I love it... as mentioned the lighting and field textures suck but 60fps animations and very immersive sidelines and on field action with some pretty good AI and a superior online experience make this game a winner in my book.

not to mention I'm old so I know and appreciate all of the legends in the game. :cool:

only played the NCAA demo and it looked pretty good too but I'm a fan of the 2K play

yep Dirt and Darkness both have very good AA on 360 (could very well be 4x)

edit: oh and check the demo on 360 for Darkness... trailers suck for determining AA. there is no way to see what the game offers without seeing it on an HDTV running at home (even better is the final shipped product and not even a demo IMO).

nobody should be judging AA or graphic quality at all if all you have to go by are trailers.

Not true, but in this case the trailers which I’ve seen most likely didn't show the final build. I'll check out the review of darkness on GT or get my hands on it myself.

Not true,....

sorry gotta disagree.

you can not tell jack nor chit from online trailers compared to the game at home on a properly calibrated HDTV. I know this from comparing online trailers to the finished game at home on my HDTV and the trailers are nowhere near as detailed nor informative.

people passing critical graphical judgments on games that they have never even seen run in person, yet commenting on the finer details is ridiculous. IMO

good for you for declaring that you will take the time to try and see it in person now though. :cool:

I'm hearing that 2K Sports has only signed on the Legends for this one game.

So if they want to do another one, they'd have to re-negotiate deals.

Just saw a Madden commercial on ESPN.

It had a Xbox 360 logo at the end and no other logos.

So that means Microsoft probably paid at least part of the cost to air it.

Perhaps the 60 fps vs. 30 fps thing has more to do with business arrangements than technology.:rolleyes:

Just saw a Madden commercial on ESPN.

It had a Xbox 360 logo at the end and no other logos.

So that means Microsoft probably paid at least part of the cost to air it.

Perhaps the 60 fps vs. 30 fps thing has more to do with business arrangements than technology.:rolleyes:

Please tell me you are joking or using sarcasm I can't detect. It is not just madden it is APF also runs 30FPS on the PS3. I am sure next year the PS3 will run at 60FPS as the madden team will of had the edge tools for 1 year. The only one to blame really is sony they are the ones who had poor tools until edge came out. Not like EA was the only 3rd party who has had issues with the PS3.

well to put a nail in this thread... here is the comparison video by gametrailers. of Madden 2008 (PS3/X360)... looks pretty much the same until they slow the action down to 25% (near end of video) and you can really see how the framerate affects the motion.

probably not too noticeable in full speed at home on your TV though

The PS3 version doesn't even seem to run at 30fps, more like 25fps... huh. :???:

They couldn’t make that run at 60 ? WTF did Sony licence from NVIDIA

2 year old hardware! :LOL: //joke

Madden isn't exactly pushing state of the art graphics.

If it looked anything like the concept video renders they were passing off as gameplay months before they put out the first next-gen game, it might be believable.

But these graphics are nothing special.

Back