Am. Football games 2008 PS3/X360

Yeah what he's saying is nonsense. Look at Dirt which has 4xAA. Its just a case of developers getting used to the PS3 hardware/putting in the extra effort to get it. In fact, because its easier to port from PS3 to 360 than the other way round, I expect PS3 to be the lead platform for more multiplatform games, a trend we're increasingly seeing.
Increasingly?

Funny, so far there are more titles with 4xAA on the ps3 then 360 , while 360 has more titles with 2xAA then ps3.

I thought it was the other way around, xbox360 titles having AA or higher level of AA in MP games and overall.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was the other way around, xbox360 titles having AA or higher level of AA in MP games and overall.

I was aking about PS3 being lead development platform more and more often. I really can't think of recently announced multiplatform games that have PS3 as lead SKU.

MP yeah, but a lot of Sony's exclusives are using 4xAA or at least 2xAA. resistance, ratchet, uncharted, killzone, heavenly sword, gran turismo, MGS4 etc. i'm pretty sure motorstorm uses 2xaa and i'm sure Lair and Warhawk use some kind as well. so yeah, almost all of Sony's exclusives use at least 2xaa. the only game i can think of that doesn't use any aa is Ninja Gaiden Sigma (at least i don't think it uses any) but jaggies are not very noticeable.

as for being the lead platform, in the beginning, Sony was rarely, if ever the lead platform. so if Sony is the lead platform in any of the recent or upcoming games, then i guess you could say increasingly.

I was aking about PS3 being lead development platform more and more often. I really can't think of recently announced multiplatform games that have PS3 as lead SKU.

Sorry don't know how I ended up quoting you instead of Darkon! :oops:

Yeah what he's saying is nonsense. Look at Dirt which has 4xAA....

one title does not debunk the fact that more (almost all) 360 games head to head with PS3 have more AA.

I never once said that PS3 could not produce a game with 4xAA. I see that it can. It' is just more evident from the released games that 360 (especially head to head) can do it easier and the trend is for 360 games to have higher or more consistent levels of AA. I'm guessing it's less "lazy devs" and more a choice of how to allocate available resources which are always limited in any hardware design.

This is a football thread, lets get back on topic!

Has anyone else purchased the game and played it yet on either platform? I'd like to get some more first hand impressions? I took a quick break this morning to stop by a Game Stop and no dice again. What gives? Anyone else having a hard time finding 2k8?

MP yeah, but a lot of Sony's exclusives are using 4xAA or at least 2xAA. resistance, ratchet, uncharted, killzone, heavenly sword, gran turismo, MGS4 etc. i'm pretty sure motorstorm uses 2xaa and i'm sure Lair and Warhawk use some kind as well. so yeah, almost all of Sony's exclusives use at least 2xaa. the only game i can think of that doesn't use any aa is Ninja Gaiden Sigma (at least i don't think it uses any) but jaggies are not very noticeable.

Warhawk has 4xAA, Lair 2xAA and NGS has no AA

there are more games on 360 with AA, but ps3 has more games with 4xAA then 360 which i really find funny.

Edit

GT has AA ?

Do publishers and developers identify in public which is their lead SKU?

Or are people deducing it by comparing the versions?

I would guess that a lot of games which are PC, X360 and PS3, it's more likely that the PC/X360 are the lead SKU.

Now going back to this thread, EA does make a PC version of Madden but not NCAA.

However, the PC version shares little in common with the console versions.

there are more games on 360 with AA, but ps3 has more games with 4xAA then 360 which i really find funny.

don't know where you're getting that info... not to mention we should only be talking about released games as things change.

Look at Forza... released at 2xAA and then upgraded to 4xAA the next day.

more than a few 360 titles have 4xAA

don't know where you're getting that info... not to mention we should only be talking about released games as things change.

Look at Forza... released at 2xAA and then upgraded to 4xAA the next day.

more than a few 360 titles have 4xAA

What ? never heard of this any proof ?

So far DOA is the only game as far as i know that has 4xAA.

Haze, UT3, Dirt, Devil May Cry, Burnout and Black.

I know UT3 may techincally belong in to me it feels wrong given the fact that the PC is the primarly development platform, I am sure there are some parts of the console version that UT3 borrows from GOW, then wonder how much cash Sony gave Epic to delay the 360 version or if the delay is really do to user content distibution via live, ect....

I think Splinter Cell, Dirt, The Darkness, FNR3 and Table Tennis all have 4xAA on 360. Dead Rising and Lost Planet have dynamic MSAA up to 4x. I'm sure there are many more.

I think Splinter Cell, Dirt, The Darkness, FNR3 and Table Tennis all have 4xAA on 360. Dead Rising and Lost Planet have dynamic MSAA up to 4x. I'm sure there are many more.

Stupid of me i was reading up on Capcom's framework engine yesterday and i totally forgot about DR and LP, Dirt wouldn’t be a surprise either seeing as how ps3 version has 4xAA also , but I’m pretty certain Splinter Cell DA, Darkness and table tennis don't have 4xAA.

Don't know about Fight Night though, never seen that game playable

quite a few on this list have AA and more have 4xAA than are being given credit for in this thread. (thanks Warb). APF2k8 and NCAA 2008 definitely have AA on the 360 version (not sure if it's 2x or 4x)

the 360 has almost no "jaggie" games reported by reviewers or that I have personally seen. I think we need to just accept that the 360 is making AA a priority as was promised.

Stupid of me i was reading up on Capcom's framework engine yesterday and i totally forgot about DR and LP, Dirt wouldn’t be a surprise either seeing as how ps3 version has 4xAA also , but I’m pretty certain Splinter Cell DA, Darkness and table tennis don't have 4xAA.

Don't know about Fight Night though, never seen that game playable
Splinter Cell definitely does have 4xAA and here's a 720p capture of The Darkness for 360.

Some others I'm fairly sure about are Virtua Fighter 5, Chromehounds, EDF2017, Tenchu Z, Viva Piñata, Condemned and CRAW2. Not 100% though.

don't know where you're getting that info...
:LOL:
Keep your mouth shut about things your vision system can't even identify, will ya. You don't talk about AA anymore, no more misinformation among those who don't know what you do here, no more shame for you. Everyone can win this way. Come on, you can do it.
Aside from a few launch titles and Gears of War, I think every Xbox360 game has at least 2xAA.
Well, in a nutshell: you're wrong.

Dead Or Alive 4 uses a 1280x1024 anamorphic buffer with no AA. As the downscaler must squash the image in the vertical direction for proper 720p output, there is a supersampling effect in that direction. Overall sample count is less than 2xAA though (1.31 million vs 1.84 million), and the EER is particularly lousy because it's an ordered grid.

Back