All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
I PROUDLY PREDICT THAT 2 DAY SALES OF PS4 IN JAPAN WILL BE 600K COPIES. MY BRAVERY AND HONOR IS UNQUESTIONABLE AND UNYIELDING IN ITS PURPOSE TO DIVINE THE EXACT WILL AND MONETARY MIGHT OF THE JAPANESE PEOPLE.

Btw, if there is one thing that I dont like its moderators and boards who are making fun of their forum members by forcing derogatory titles on them. On GAF that is "the way of life", but B3D is supposed to be a place for serious talk.

I PROUDLY PREDICT THAT 2 DAY SALES OF PS4 IN JAPAN WILL BE 600K COPIES. MY BRAVERY AND HONOR IS UNQUESTIONABLE AND UNYIELDING IN ITS PURPOSE TO DIVINE THE EXACT WILL AND MONETARY MIGHT OF THE JAPANESE PEOPLE.

Btw, if there is one thing that I dont like its moderators and boards who are making fun of their forum members by forcing derogatory titles on them. On GAF that is "the way of life", but B3D is supposed to be a place for serious talk.

Neogafization for life.

I gave myself a title. Totally different from GAF.

The figure I've had in my mind for the Japanese launch of PS4 is 500K. That felt like a good intersection between what they'd be able to stockpile and what early interest seemed to be. Although anecdotally the PS4 hasn't been an immediate sellout in Japan in retail shops so demand could be softer than I expected or Sony could have flooded the country with more than seemed possible or prudent! Will be really interesting to see the figures.

Sorry. Just a little bit of rare messin about, and it would only have been for short while.

GAF still says it's not a general sellout based on various user reports. Maybe it will morph into one over the hours...
Although anecdotally the PS4 hasn't been an immediate sellout in Japan in retail shops so demand could be softer than I expected or Sony could have flooded the country with more than seemed possible or prudent! Will be really interesting to see the figures.

I wonder if now this will mark a turning point were they will be able to get in stock in the west over the coming weeks with the benefit of no more stockpiling for Japan? Time will tell. It is almost March and they are still generally sold out in the USA.

Argh, those uncivilized Japanese! When will they learn that running, shoving, trampling people down and destroying store equipment just makes them look like savages!!

What's really weird to me is consistently seeing some of them wear those dust masks in these footages pics. I mean come on, I cant attribute that to cultural differences, it's just plain weird!

It's almost 9pm in Tokyo so hopefully Sony will announce first day Japan sales sales in the next few hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
USA status from few seconds ago
sonyplaystation4ps4in1xsyb.jpg

Sony are predicting that they will finally meet demand in the UK by the end of April. After that the PS4 should be readily available.

I just dont see how Sony could have had much more than 400k PS4 in Japan without out there being massive shortages everywhere else. There seems to of been reasonable supply in America and the UK in February.

I just dont see how Sony could have had much more than 400k PS4 in Japan without out there being massive shortages everywhere else. There seems to of been reasonable supply in America and the UK in February.

Well we don't know how long Sony have been stockpiling. They may have been doing it, to some degree, since day one. In order to reduce turbulent supply into worldwide channels during the worldwide launch window.

Not according to the latest stock finder. It's out of stock everywhere.

PS4 will own what is left of the hardcore market in Japan, whether it happens tomorrow or not is hardly relevant. If you are a serious gamer Wii U will not be enough because no 3rd party support and One is.. well Xbox: The only choice in Japan is PS4.The japanese 3rd parties are very weak and cant compete in blockbuster market and thats why even FPSs and GTAs Uncharteds are starting to sell in Japan

Microsoft will probably fund a few JRPGs for some reason to waste money but One wont come close to 360 Japanese numbers when they are trailing and not a head start like 360. PS4 will start stronger than PS3 but it will ultimately sell about the same in a shrinking market

Last edited by a moderator:
Japan console decline has been a long time coming. PS3/Wii barely broke over what the PS2 did by less than a million units (9+12>20 respectively) and I have a hard time believing the PS3/Wii purchases were all mutually exclusive. So even if the PS4 is effectively by itself, will it ever actually crack 20 million? It's clearly a handheld world over there with smartphones taking a good chunk now too.

Japan console decline has been a long time coming. PS3/Wii barely broke over what the PS2 did by less than a million units (9+12>20 respectively) and I have a hard time believing the PS3/Wii purchases were all mutually exclusive. So even if the PS4 is effectively by itself, will it ever actually crack 20 million? It's clearly a handheld world over there with smartphones taking a good chunk now too.
I think even if PS4 does > 12M that will be a success and will make it a very viable platform for japanese 3rd parties... Many of the japanese games i dont think need more than 500k to make a good profit.. Like Yakuza its been selling around 600k and is a nice success..

So only thing that is required in Japan is a solid, unfragmented user base of gamers on one platform and it PS4 provided that then the Japanese 3rd parties will be very happy..

I still think there's a market for home consoles in Japan, it just needs the software to support it. With development costs probably being cheaper on PS4 than PS3, I think that it will get better software support from Japanese developers.

I can see the PS4 selling less than the Wii U at launch (which sold over 300k first media create during a holiday period), but I think the PS4 will have better legs. I can see it selling more than the PS3 (currently at over 9.8M and will pass 10M before the end of the year), which would make is a success IMO.

I believe these stats, guy has proven dozens of times that he has excellent connections
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101311481&postcount=1032
well if thats true then it puts to paid to what some ppl have claimed that you cant suddenly change production numbers.
They should be staying at 1.7 million production until demand is close to being settled (which it obviously aint as its still nearly sold out everywhere), then ramp down to 1.2 million

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back