All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Killzone : Shadowfall (PS4)* - 1.45 ( number is as of January 22,2014, best selling next-gen exclusive) *includes bundles

So compared with titles they don't know the numbers for (I doubt SCE has access to Live's digital sales numbers) its the best selling next gen exclusive. That's not exactly revealing. 1.45 seems a decent number for KZ tho. KZ never exactly lit up the charts.

I'm not saying DR3 or Forza has sold more, but I doubt this source has proof of that.

<edit> I guess Capcom has announced (Link) 1m for DR3 (reached on Dec20).

So compared with titles they don't know the numbers for (I doubt SCE has access to Live's digital sales numbers).

I doubt that they were refering to "next-gen" as including the Xbox One. If the numbers are from SCE, I would expect the "next-gen" refer solely to their next-gen console, the PS4. None-the-less, I have to say, I am quite surprised by some of the numbers, especially the Uncharted ones. For some odd reason, I always though they were closer to 1-2 million rather than the 5-7. It's also a quite interesting to see Residence numbers go down. Even the KZ numbers are quite high. I think all around, these are quite solid numbers for exclusives. They are no CoD or GTA type of successes though, but I still think they are quite strong as a whole.

There is plenty of the Knack bundle in stock... if you know a kid and he might plat it once then you can giiiiveeee innn :)

The Knack Bundle is now at 166, killzone is out of stock.. Looks like Amazon.co.uk is close to being out of stock.. again..

Other sellers have stock though.. but demand does still seem pretty high..

The Knack Bundle is now at 166, killzone is out of stock.. Looks like Amazon.co.uk is close to being out of stock.. again..

Other sellers have stock though.. but demand does still seem pretty high..
All gone. Knack bundles went pretty quick once the other skus sold out.

Supply in the US seems to be getting a bit better; both Bestbuy and Gamestop have had bundles available for a few days. Bestbuy's standalone SKU goes in and out of stock. Amazon as well, but they sold out a while ago. Sam's club had bundles but sold out. I think the PS4 is going to have another big month.

Last edited by a moderator:
It goes in and out of stock... look at nowinstock's history. It was out of stock yesterday. Nowinstock put a caution sign beside the standalone sku yesterday but removed it.

Best Buy has had the standalone PS4 freely available for at least ~week now

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-ps...&cmp=RMX&ky=28oPyDFv0KHcisHwQcZfO0qg5PUU1VPjs

It's also indicating same day in store pickup available, at least from my local store, which means that my local brick and mortar store has had availability all that time as well. But this could vary by location.

Nothing in the Bay Area yet, I think the green in-store pickup means they will ship it. Check your zip code to see which stores have stock. It seems large shipments are going out, they are making >1m a month, so we should expect them to start showing up. Nothing on amazon in weeks though, strange.

Not all day... I saw it myself. You could add it to your cart, but it wasn't available for shipping, only store pickup. Nowinstock is pretty good at updating their page. It's the top selling item in video games.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...SP&sp=-bestsellingsort+skuid&usc=abcat0700000

The top 6 selling items at gamestop are PS4 bundles.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse

Hmm you're right. The add to cart button only allows in store pickup.

Basically means my (and apparently your) store has it, but not the national website.

Weird.

Ya, it was OOS a few minutes ago, now it's back in stock. Same thing with amazon a few weeks ago, but they've been out of stock for weeks now. Weird indeed.

Best Buy seems to maintain stock better. I remember pretty much they were the first ones to get Xbox One in stock for good.

I guess people just dont focus on them like Amazon. Amazon seems to sell out of popular things very easily.

I've yet to see a ps4 available in France, I've sen a couples of Xbone but it is far from sitting on the shelves either.
People at work have place a pre order they shiuld have their ps4... by marsh.

Major Update: It seems my numbers for BB/GS are off, somehow online sales didn't get factored in. Actually it was my fault altogether, I received so many texts during New Year, discarding most of them, not reading them, thinking they were "Happy New Year" texts. My bad... :oops:

Anyhow, I'm waiting for them to come over later, hopefully before noon. From what was indicated, GS\BB might have (slightly) sold more PS4s than XB1s during December. I have a hard time believing that, but I will know soon enough.

Are you going to get January sales number from any of the retailer for XBO and PS4?

Nintendo's numbers are out. Total LTD Wii U now stands at 5.86m.

gb9Nsjk.png

(Compares to 3.9m XBO shipped, PS4 coming soon)

I agree with you, but remember that this is the country of the freedom fries :p

You only have to look at the trade deficit that the US carries with other countries around the world to realize how much Americans like foreign based products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back