All purpose sales and sales rumors/anecdotes thread next gen+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Drive Club is #61 and currently showing the red down arrow two days from release. I'm sure it'll pick up but that's worse than FH2 at the same point I think.

Didn't even realize it was coming out til I saw the GAF OT. Thought it was the 28th.

Cheapest Kinect SKU on Amazon UK is 389, and that's with no games. Damn.

And the White Kinectless Sunset Overdrive bundle is back up to £349.

For a struggling platform MS are keeping those prices pretty high.

Wow Drive Club is #61 and currently showing the red down arrow two days from release. I'm sure it'll pick up but that's worse than FH2 at the same point I think.

Didn't even realize it was coming out til I saw the GAF OT. Thought it was the 28th.
Game has taken too long to release, people stopped caring after however many months/years it's been in the media.
If it bombs at least I'll get a good laugh out of it, picking 30fps for a racing game means I have no sympathy. :cool:

It is discounted on PSN. This is one of the few games that will be slightly more biased towards digital.
H2 had a demo before release, DC comes day one with the PS+ version which they are probably hoping many transform into the full game digitally.

Last edited by a moderator:

If you are browsing the NA store then yeah, like always racing games don't do as well there. EU stores are much different.

I think many will get it on ps+ as it's so much more convenient.
Yeah, I think Drive Club is going to sell pretty poorly at retail. A lot of people are going to opt for the free PS+ edition and/or the upgrade option, which is discounted.

And as steve pointed out above, racing games typically sell better in PAL regions.

Yeah I was going to wait for the free version see what it was like before buying it, but the discount and pre-order bonus swayed me.

Yeah, I think Drive Club is going to sell pretty poorly at retail. A lot of people are going to opt for the free PS+ edition and/or the upgrade option, which is discounted.

And as steve pointed out above, racing games typically sell better in PAL regions.

The upgrade version doesn't have the retail middleman, distribution costs, returns or losses through 2nd hand sales, so its even more profitable than than a full priced 59-69 game would be.

Drive club is currently 18th in the UK amazon chart, for context, GTA V for PS4 is 15th. so it seems there is some demand for it on these shores.

DC comes day one with the PS+ version which they are probably hoping many transform into the full game digitally.
I looked it up it costs $60 are you saying if you have PS+ (for $50 for a year) the exact same game is free?
If so I may be taking a chance here, but I predict very low DC sales

Given what I know (Bestbuy and GameStop), and Sony hitting 10.3 million in early September, I can pretty much confirm (99.9% sure) that Sony secured an additional 1.1 million units worldwide during September. My assumption being, that all other territories combined mirrored (maybe surpassed) US sales. Which is more than likely...

Congratulation Sony!!!

Next week I believe.

I said 500-600k last page, but I'm thinking it's gonna be more like 450-500k. I think XB1 will be 250-300k with all of the promos. Tough month to predict for both PS4 and XB1.

FYI: GameStop and Bestbuy Info

PS4 Destiny bundle is still doing very well... still the #1 leading bundle sku for this month. The XB1 Sunset Overdrive bundle (preorders) is tracking fairly low, the game as well.

November Preorders: Actually shows COD:AW preorders tracking lower than Ghost by a significant margin... which is shocking. :oops:

The number one game in preorders for November (so far) is GTA V.

Please remember people, these are preorders... so a lot can change during the actual release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back