Accurate Human Rendering in Game [2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. Skin Shading, texture res and polygon density are nowhere near something like UCLL's main characters.

Indeed, they defintitely missed the skin shaders in this game. I wasn't completely certain because it could have been only bad lighting in some specific areas. After all, Nathan Drake can look bad in some lighting conditions too.

However, even in cutscenes and their hightly controlled environnement, Lara's skin still looks average :

Still one of the best looking multi game, simply not as polished as some exclusive titles.

Last edited:
top_ss_img_02_off.png

he reminds me of the main character of kingsglaive FF15

It's as if the characters are straight out of games like Detroit for an open world game. Really dense polycount, highly convincing skin shaders, eye shaders and hair. Even eyebrows are alpha sheets rather than just painted on like Lara in Shadow.
martin8cdne.jpg

milesbedgm.jpg

yuriozea7.png

Models and materials are great indeed. I have some issues with facial animations, but overall, top notch effort.

Last edited:
Yeah, there're decent skin shaders in that pic. Her hair look a bit rough though.

Last edited:
More Kassandra in different lighting conditions:

assassinscreedodysseyeheq1.jpg

assassinscreedodysseyjqizu.jpg

assassinscreedodyssey27d4i.jpg

assassinscreedodysseyudc3y.jpg

assassinscreedodysseyd5cp3.jpg

Her character model looks consistently good, which is very impressive given all the different lighting conditions you can encounter in the game (which is also absurdly massive). Animation is excellent as well, no matter if it's a side quest or a main quest it's all very consistent and good, reminds me of The Witcher 3 in a way, nothing was obviously awfully wrong when it came to facial animation, must be because the characters are all very animated and never stand still and talk.

Kasandra looks very nice for a AC game for sure, in fact it's got higher res textures and higher poly count than Lara from Shadow. I do think HZD's Aloy pushes out the detail, lighting and hair rendering even more than both tho, not bad for a 3 years old open world game.
1488268893_85916023741pde1.png

I think the production value is high in all games. Out of maybe some extras in Naughty Dog muscle or nose animation or Aloy hair, all is well done in most of the AAA release.

I think that Aloy is more detailed, but the lighting is more realistic in Odyssey on average. Aloy can have a doll-like appearance in some instances (see the pic posted by Ultragpu) and i didn't see the same issue to the same extent on the screenshots posted by Clukos.

Concerning the details, this is how Aloy's skin looks in close up :

32918265990_c1338cb707_o.png

I doubt Odissey can match this in terms of details, but i don't have the game.

I think the production value is high in all games. Out of maybe some extras in Naughty Dog muscle or nose animation or Aloy hair, all is well done in most of the AAA release.

Well, we still the difference... HZD runs at a higher resolution and a much more stable framerate. Same for Spiderman. The level of polish is clearly not the same.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back