A new exclusive 360 game to be revealed soon? (Table Tennis)

EndR

Regular
(stolen shamelessly from GAF, but it sounded so interesting so I had to share it over here)

Doug from IGN said as follows in a ign-board:

SPECIAL DELIVERY:
Check back in the early afternoon PST for an exclusive story on a game you would never, ever have expected. IGN Xbox 360 will have the first details, news, screens, and an interview with the company's president. Can you guess who it's with?

then he elaborated a bit more:

OK, so... just for clarification, we're hoping to post a story around noon tomorrow, maybe earlier -- that's PST time (California time) that nobody has heard about. It will be on the Xbox 360 site. It's an exclusive Xbox 360 game. None of your guesses are correct so far. I was totally unable to guess what it was until I heard about it two days ago, and I'm still amazed by the subject matter and the people putting it out. Sorry to be such a tease about it, but I haven't even told my team about it yet. I can't say a word.

Anyway, I expect the range of reactions to be wide in range and long in wind. Heh. And, in order to avoid the mess that happened last fall with a certain midnight review that never happened ( ), let me put it this way: Don't stay up all night. Please do not. The story won't be up until tomorrow -- Friday, March 3, around noon PST at the earliest. Go to sleep, do whatever, beat people up in Fight Night Round and then gather round here about noon-ish. I should have an update on the exact timing earlier than that, but not everything is tied up tight. There are still a few loose ends before I can concretely give an exact time.

Until then I look forward to your guesses. This should be fun.
----------

Platon said:
Could it be the Konami flagship title for the xbxo360?...

I don´t know why but lots of people over at GAF also speculates that it could be Konami..
how come?

Never expect? An about to be super-hyped and then flop, movie-licence-game? Or maybe a popular, previously sony/nintendo exclusive series? Probably nothing. As usual.

EndR said:
I don´t know why but lots of people over at GAF also speculates that it could be Konami..
how come?

I guess it has to do with what they have previously said, that they prefer to have a flagship title that is exclusive to each console...

Jadoku said:
Never expect? An about to be super-hyped and then flop, movie-licence-game? Or maybe a popular, previously sony/nintendo exclusive series? Probably nothing. As usual.

I wouldn't be surprized, that is the way it usually goes...

It's not Killer Instinct, according to Doug ;) He said that none of the guesses so far on the IGN board were correct, and they included things like KI, GTA, Metal Gear, RE5, Halo 3, ZOE 3etc.

it's killer instinct, who came on snes, and should have come on nintendo64 too...
I remenber the art they were great but laughtable cgi considering the power of N64.
The xbox360 can do very well rendering this graphic, and it should be a great add in the "ubber combo combat game style" (wow what a name).

This title is better suit for eye candy than the dao serie.

Sony put the ps3 out please... I want make my choice, can't afford both system.....

Titanio said:
It's not Killer Instinct, according to Doug ;) He said that none of the guesses so far on the IGN board were correct, and they included things like KI, GTA, Metal Gear, RE5, Halo 3, ZOE 3etc.

...Shadowrun?

Him being "amazed by the subject matter and the people putting it out" makes it sound like it's from a company known for doing a certain kind of game, and that this one will be quite different. He also expects a wide range of reactions? He doesn't say people will be blown away, so it's probably more like some oddball concept game (or "non-game").

Kobold who runs xboxworld.nl has this to say (from GAF also):

You will never guess what it will be. So save yourself the energy, you will never guess what it is , and when you hear it you will not believe it.

(I don't mean in the positive way, you just don't want it to be true, well that's what I feel anyways...)

Because when you know who's making it and what they could have been spending time on instead, you will feel taken up the ass with a serrated shovel.

This should be pretty funny.

Back