Is there a way we can get Square Enix to sit up, pay attention, and fix some of their PC ports?

Remij

Veteran
Final Fantasy 7 Remake is still a stuttery mess. I mean, right after the intro cutscene as it transitions there's huge frametime spikes still... literal pausing of the game. Constant stuttering in the slums.. It's absolutely a travesty that they haven't touched the game beyond a stupid dualsense support patch.. I really wish it was easier to get through to Japanese developers as some of them seem completely oblivious.. and it's obvious why publishers like SquareEnix are floundering on PC, while others like the Yakuza Studio (Sega) and Capcom, and lots of others are far more receptive and proactive in fixing issues.

Another SquareEnix example... I made this video showcasing an issue that they created after updating Chrono Trigger on PC to support widescreen and ultrawide. Now, that's a nice gesture, but in doing so they messed up the character movement. Any time you walk diagonally, the character flickers and vibrates as you move with improper scrolling. It's terrible and I will never play the game anymore with this issue. I've made posts and sent feedback, but you might as well be talking to the wall.

I really wish there was site with a huge following that was dedicated specifically to getting issues in games fixed and patched. Calling attention to these issues and getting the attention of studios/publishers.

We desperately need it.

Back