A new exclusive 360 game to be revealed soon? (Table Tennis)

I must try this game

every where I go people are having a blast with it. Some on the Op sports board are calling it as having the tightest and most intuitive control scheme of any sports game they have ever played. Online LIVE is crazy fun (they say)

oh and it's only $39.99 :D

Shifty Geezer said:
From that Eurogamer review
Good use of rumble that'd not have a reasonable replacement on DS3.

from the GS review...
One of the most subtle features, and arguably one of the best little details in Table Tennis, is the use of force feedback. As you charge up your return shot and use the left analog stick to aim it, the controller will start to rumble as your aim gets closer to the edge of the table, giving you a tactile sense for when you need to stop pushing toward the edge. It makes the aiming simultaneously more intuitive and more effective, and it's so simple and so brilliant that it will be disappointing if the next crop of regular tennis video games doesn't implement a similar feature.

they may be able to come up with a visable que on the table to do something simlar I suppose, but adding another sense to gameplay is pretty nice.

also re graphics:

The focused design of Table Tennis works to its advantage in other ways, though, specifically with regards to the presentation. There are 11 different prefab players for you to choose from, and you'd have a hard time finding player models in any other game that look and move more convincingly. Eyes gleam with life; shirts shift around as the players move; sweat beads up and glistens on the skin as the match progresses, eventually seeping through the fabric of the player's shirt. The animations themselves have a really natural, fluid look to them, as well, with different players holding their paddles in different ways and occasionally displaying unique little physical tics, though some of the transitions feel a little mechanical. They also manage to bypass the "uncanny valley"--that uncomfortable level of realism that's both too realistic, and not realistic enough--most of the time, though occasionally you'll catch an odd angle on a player during a replay that just looks…off.

Back