[360, PS3] Mass Effect 2 *(Spoiler Warning)

Mostly what you get out of the shadowbroker mission is the ability to reset your squad members points.

And more upgrades! I think you can get the Cain to 200% ammo, which means two shots, making it a lot more useful.

And more upgrades! I think you can get the Cain to 200% ammo, which means two shots, making it a lot more useful.

I always preferred the arc projector. Less wind up and more shots. It's really damned hard to get a shot off with the cain on insane.

It's fun watching people go through this game again. Makes me want to start a new game.

I've played through 7 or 8 times and I still found sequences I hadn't seen yet on my last play through.

Exposure time for the amount of damage you get isn't all that impressive. I find It's great on normal, and near useless on insane, if I recall it also doesn't interrupt their fire.
Don't say that, its pretty much the only heavy weapon that I used in my insanity run (Infiltrator class) :p....as with the sniper rifle you can use it along with cloak to get a headstart at aiming (and get the damage bonus) and aim for the head, and then keep on shooting, taking damage shouldn't make a difference cause by the time you are near 20% health youd have already incurred a significant amount of damage and you can safely go into your cover to recover (ah the joys of regenerating health !), what's more your cloak ability will most probably be back as well so if an enemy comes near you while you're recovering then you can simply cloak again and go to a safer place to recover.

The beam might be good against Scions... The Cain can be quite useful against the boss in Grunt's mission, and against the final boss too. I've also wanted to kill the krogan leader in Jack's mission, but it turned out that everyone in the room got wasted by the shot :)
Arc projector is DLC, right?

Charge - aim at a distant enemy and sort of teleport there in a second, knock him back and on higher skill levels even regenerate some of your barrier (which you get instead of a shield).
Adepts get Singularity, soldiers slow down time and get damage bonus with Adrenaline Rush, and sentinels get Tech Armor (up to +100% shield with a shockwave if it is depleted)

Don't say that, its pretty much the only heavy weapon that I used in my insanity run (Infiltrator class) :p....as with the sniper rifle you can use it along with cloak to get a headstart at aiming (and get the damage bonus) and aim for the head, and then keep on shooting, taking damage shouldn't make a difference cause by the time you are near 20% health youd have already incurred a significant amount of damage and you can safely go into your cover to recover (ah the joys of regenerating health !), what's more your cloak ability will most probably be back as well so if an enemy comes near you while you're recovering then you can simply cloak again and go to a safer place to recover.

Meh. like Laa-Yosh says its good for scions and stuff, but I never considered those a problem. As for hiding and recovering, I've found that my squad gets raped if I'm not drawing fire. I prefer not to baby sit them too much. I'm pretty sure I can do more damage with the viper sniper rifle than I would with a particle beam.

Arc projector is DLC, right?
Ya it was free DLC. It's a small charge up time and it releases a chain reaction which can hit a lot of targets. It interrupts their firing enough that you can actually just keep firing and as long as you're hitting all the enemies they won't ever get to fire back. Usually I just use a couple of shots to get the shields and armor down a bit, once they are affected by special attacks they aren't a problem.

Well, best DLC weapon has to be this one though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLJz1D5BzJY

As for the cloak, you don't get to teleport behind enemies like Kasumi, and the Infiltrator is far too weak for close combat anyway. It's mostly good for 1. running away from enemies that try to swarm you and 2. adding serious damage bonus to sniper shots.

Charge - aim at a distant enemy and sort of teleport there in a second, knock him back

Ok, so I misread ? I can teleport there in a second like Kasumi but can't deal much damage ?

Ok, so I misread ? I can teleport there in a second like Kasumi but can't deal much damage ?

The infiltrator can go invisible like Kasumi, but doesn't get the special rear attack she has.

The vanguard gets the charge, which rushes your opponent (its essentially a teleport in that it moves you very quickly) knocking them back.

Well it's still a very different gameplay experience, especially compared to the infiltrator (basically a sniper, but with the extra fun of Incineration blast) as you can also play sentinels and soldiers in an aggressive way.

I… get it. No fun for patsu. Charge sounds like a poor man's Kasumi move. :devilish:

As Alpha was saying, it knocks back the enemy you target. It pretty much leaves the target open to a shotgun blast to the face.

Back