[360, PS3] Mass Effect 2 *(Spoiler Warning)

I couldnt get into the first one, but a lot of people seemed to really like it. I guess it's like Crackdown in that.

So is this PS3/360 or just 360/Windows?

Hope they improve the graphics too..what was once upper echelon gfx on UE3 isn't anymore..

Hope they improve the graphics too..what was once upper echelon gfx on UE3 isn't anymore..

They looked fine but it was one of the worst performing games this generation. Combat was a slide show sometimes, I literally had to run to a wall to calm things down and keep fighting. The first was a good game, but not great. It was too linear and too easy, the story was good.

Shepard's dead!

Did we ever find out what happened to the main character in KOTOR 1?

They looked fine but it was one of the worst performing games this generation. Combat was a slide show sometimes, I literally had to run to a wall to calm things down and keep fighting. The first was a good game, but not great. It was too linear and too easy, the story was good.

Hmm I didn't have that issue, could be though because my crew were badasses :) I put all their points in combat related perks specific to their fields (weapons, kinetic, etc). The minute we entered the scene, bodies were flying in every which way direction. In any case the first game is one of my favorite games ever made, part two is a day one purchase for me. I don't even think I'll wait the extra few days to get it at discounted price, may very well just buy it right away in store. I'm curious how they will use the save game from the first game, or if they will use it at all. For example, when you encounter that weird killer alien lifeform in part one and you get the choice to let it live or terminate it. I let it live. Will i regret that in part 2?

I'm curious how they will use the save game from the first game, or if they will use it at all. For example, when you encounter that weird killer alien lifeform in part one and you get the choice to let it live or terminate it. I let it live. Will i regret that in part 2?

At the same time... how will they similarly handle completely new games? i.e. no saved game to use. Are those major plot decisions ignored? Does one *need* to go back and make those decisions :?: How intertwined are those decisions... i.e. is it different if I do AB, or AB', or A'B, or A'B'...

Questions, questions...

Eeeeeeeexcellent :) Hmm, I stopped my main guy at level 59, maybe I should go back and max him out to 60.

Same, though I'm not that thrilled about playing the game yet another time. It is fun to take on giant geth tanks on foot with crazy armor.

Heh that teaser trailer must be a fake or misunderstanding. There is NO WAY somebody could take down MY Shepard! :). Anyways very excited to finally hear something about it. Mass Effect was a great game. Space RPG with interesting plot and I'm sold.

Shepard's dead!

Did we ever find out what happened to the main character in KOTOR 1?

Yeah. He/she went into the uncharted regions of the galaxy, to face a then unknown threat. Never came back, but the (true) Sith Empire (the threat) comes in, according to the lore of the new KOTOR MMORPG Bioware is making. So he/she either died in the attempt to stop/conquer the Sith, or is somehow involved.

Like Joker I rank the first up there as one of my all time fave games. Like KOTOR before it I have replayed it so many times it's kinda silly......Can't wait for this.

Heh that teaser trailer must be a fake or misunderstanding. There is NO WAY somebody could take down MY Shepard! :). Anyways very excited to finally hear something about it. Mass Effect was a great game. Space RPG with interesting plot and I'm sold.
Naah, he just faked his death and went to the dark side and comes back as a baddie in some point of game. ;)

don't like this one bit!

my take on the "killed in action" thing:
- EA wants to release mass effect 2 on all 3 plattforms (xbox360/ps3/pc). due to economic/contract(?) reasons they do not port mass effect 1 on ps3. but to give everyone a "fresh start" with mass effect 2, they introduce a new main character.

- They advise you to keep the saves, so they might adapt some of the bigger decisions in ME 1. but most likely you can also "customize" your ME 2 universe with a short questionnaire at the beginning of the game...

all things considered it seems a lot like EA's "screw the community" thinking...

I doubt he's really dead; it's probably just a way to explain why, despite the fact that you're the biggest badass in the galaxy and are leading the
war preparations against the Reapers
you don't have the all the resources of the council behind you.

Back