[360, PS3] Mass Effect 2 *(Spoiler Warning)

Moved the image quality stuff to the tech forum. (Available Game since we're discussing the demo).

Is there any word on more dlc for this game? I've done every single thing there is to do in the game, explored all planets, did all missions and all dlc, and yet I want more. I'm getting Mass Effect 2 withdrawal dammit :( I just tried the ME2 demo on pc and it looks so good that I'm considering replaying the whole thing on pc even though it stupidly doesn't have gamepad support. Maybe play as a renegade female commander this time that is a total bitch to anyone and everyone. Hmm, that could be cool.

If ME2 on PS3 is an indication of how ME3 is going to be graphically, I'm a bit disappointed. Some of the textures look like they are decidedly less detailed. And if they aren't then there's some other reason the faces just look so much worse, and considering how much time you can spend looking at faces... Well that isn't a good thing.

Then again, since it's unlikely I'll bother with ME3 after ME2 turned out so much worse than ME1, I guess it doesn't matter to me.

Regards,
SB

Adjust the brightness/contrast ratio...its one of the reason why faces appear to have lesser detailed normal maps on the PS3 ver. (Which isn't really the case). Just look at the pictures posted by Mazinger on Gaf after adjusting these two things.

You can always use Xpadder to get your gamepad working in the PC version. Download it and use this profile created for Mass Effect 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
If ME2 on PS3 is an indication of how ME3 is going to be graphically, I'm a bit disappointed. Some of the textures look like they are decidedly less detailed. And if they aren't then there's some other reason the faces just look so much worse, and considering how much time you can spend looking at faces... Well that isn't a good thing.

Then again, since it's unlikely I'll bother with ME3 after ME2 turned out so much worse than ME1, I guess it doesn't matter to me.

Regards,
SB

I prefer the atmosphere much better in the first ME.
Also the music, story, and RPG.
But I hate the gameplay.
ME2 did improve it, but it's not that much of a difference imo.

Adjust the brightness/contrast ratio...its one of the reason why faces appear to have lesser detailed normal maps on the PS3 ver. (Which isn't really the case). Just look at the pictures posted by Mazinger on Gaf after adjusting these two things.
Got a link for those shots?

Play it as a renegade and a completely different cast specialization. Infiltrators have cloak, adepts have the singularity power, vanguards can charge and smack everyone in the face, sentinels have tech armor... and you'll also be able to try different squad members to balance that particular cast's weaknesses. Oh and you can go for the Insanity difficulty level achievement too ;)

Infiltrators are best for Insanity difficulty, while for normal difficulty vanguard is the most fun to use class and adepts are useless in ME2 when playing in higher difficulty . Atleast that's what I found.

You can always use Xpadder to get your gamepad working in the PC version. Download it and use this profile created for Mass Effect 2.

Looks like he wants $10 for Xpadder :( Sure looks nice on pc though.

How's the ME2 demo ? Should I bother to download ? ^_^
I have already decided to buy.

I tried playing the ps3 demo, first part is kinda choppy on performance and it tears a bunch, second part seems to perform better. They should have locked it to 30fps as fps will jump high when you look say at a wall, then drop right back down once you see more stuff which makes movement seem uneven. If you try it, skip the second part as it has spoilers.

Play it as a renegade and a completely different cast specialization. Infiltrators have cloak, adepts have the singularity power, vanguards can charge and smack everyone in the face, sentinels have tech armor... and you'll also be able to try different squad members to balance that particular cast's weaknesses. Oh and you can go for the Insanity difficulty level achievement too ;)

I took the opportunity on the ps3 demo to try being a female renegade, so I made my gothic princess and got down to it. I have to say it feels very odd playing as a female Shepard, not sure I can wrap my head around it. I've played so much Mass Effect as a dude that it just doesn't feel quite right as a female. I've played other games as a female no problem like Dragon Age, but it's just so odd in ME. Being renegade could be fun though, maybe I'll be nice to my crew, and a total ass to everyone else.

Yeah, I've not payed any RPGs with a female character before so it's kinda strange, then again I don't identify with male Shepard either, feels more like I'm directing the commander's adventures. But hitting on squadmates is still too much for me, so Jane Shepard isn't going to get any paramour achievements I guess ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
You may be able to use the 360 controller on a PC, but the interface is very different, even the weapon/power selection. No UI wheels, only standard point&click, so it must be embarrassing to aim with an analog stick for those tiny icons...

Back