[360, PS3] Crysis 2

Well but they are high quality in game play though,very similar to this.So when you are doing weapon customization...thats bokeh or dof?

Bokeh it seems to me, you can see bokeh pattern shape on particle infront of player in video.

Unfortunately not...

For the purposes of this preview I played a largely underground sequence on the Xbox 360.

It's nice that they point out the Enemies can roam the entire level which changes play dynamics from one session to the next. Crysis had some of that, but IIRC, in the first Crysis, the AI routines weren't triggered until the PC got within a certain distance of them. A fairly large distance mind you, which allowed for somewhat different playthroughs but enemies were still mostly predictable in their start locations.

This article seems to imply that the AI may be active on the entire level regardless of where the player is.

Although I'm not sure I'm particularly a fan of the Kill Monster -> Monster drops magical orb of goodness -> Collect orbs to upgrade equipement style of play being introduced into an otherwise fairly realistic futuristic shooter. BTW - replace Magical orb of goodness with Alien dust of goodness.

Regards,
SB

It's important to note that Crysis 2 is not a Halo-style spray-and-pray game. You cannot simply rush round a corner and blindfire in the general direction of an enemy, hoping his tentacly head will catch enough bullets.
?

I think I'll skip to the part where he talks about graphics :LOL:

Unfortunately not...

It's nice that they point out the Enemies can roam the entire level which changes play dynamics from one session to the next. Crysis had some of that, but IIRC, in the first Crysis, the AI routines weren't triggered until the PC got within a certain distance of them. A fairly large distance mind you, which allowed for somewhat different playthroughs but enemies were still mostly predictable in their start locations.

This article seems to imply that the AI may be active on the entire level regardless of where the player is.

Although I'm not sure I'm particularly a fan of the Kill Monster -> Monster drops magical orb of goodness -> Collect orbs to upgrade equipement style of play being introduced into an otherwise fairly realistic futuristic shooter. BTW - replace Magical orb of goodness with Alien dust of goodness.

Regards,
SB

LOL, it said PS3 earlier in the day! Check the user comments aswell.

LOL, it said PS3 earlier in the day! Check the user comments aswell.

Heh heh, the reviewer may have played the PS3 version for the review then ? If so, it's probably marketing arrangement between MS and Crytek.

Don't know whether and how to take the Crytek exec's words. They lost a little credibility with their 3D tech claim. Their early console demo also revealed a PC run ?

Bokeh it seems to me, you can see bokeh pattern shape on particle infront of player in video.
The Bokeh combined with those graphics are to die for. In one cutscene you lie on the ground, focus is on your left arm, sparks and fire in the background are drowned in creamy Bokeh. Yumyumyum.
However, I just wish they didn't pre-animate the camera movement of EVERY SINGLE cutscene. Games like Half-Life 2 or Far Cry 2 do it right, Crysis 2 does it wrong. :cry:

It's so frustrating not being able to fully control the camera angle during these breathtaking cutscenes. You can offset the camera slightly from the hardcoded animation, but that tends to look jerky because the game really doesn't want you to stray from the predefined motion, and anyway, we're talking mere inches, so it's not worth it at all.

They have created the most awesome looking real-time cutscenes ever, and then they wrestle the camera control out of your hands, making the real-time aspect almost pointless.

The Bokeh combined with those graphics are to die for. In one cutscene you lie on the ground, focus is on your left arm, sparks and fire in the background are drowned in creamy Bokeh. Yumyumyum.
However, I just wish they didn't pre-animate the camera movement of EVERY SINGLE cutscene. Games like Half-Life 2 or Far Cry 2 do it right, Crysis 2 does it wrong. :cry:

It's so frustrating not being able to fully control the camera angle during these breathtaking cutscenes. You can offset the camera slightly from the hardcoded animation, but that tends to look jerky because the game really doesn't want you to stray from the predefined motion, and anyway, we're talking mere inches, so it's not worth it at all.

They have created the most awesome looking real-time cutscenes ever, and then they wrestle the camera control out of your hands, making the real-time aspect almost pointless.
I think I have seen couple of interactive cut scenes in some of leaked footage.Got to admit I didn't look for lots of it since I don't want to spoil me anything :)

bokeh01.jpg

:devilish:

Hmm, I heard another little insider rumor that the PS3 version is fine.

Oh yeah, the same insider said the game is truly awesome. I think he even dropped a half life 2 comparison somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back