[360, PS3] Crysis 2

Huh ? Where did the PC-running-PS3-config screens and video go ? I thought someone (ultragpu) posted it ?

They were moved to the PC thread since it's running PC software on a PC. :LOL:

They were moved to the PC thread since it's running PC software on a PC. :LOL:

Umm, that definitely seems like console relevant material...

But I guess since Nebula says the console cfg's for the leak have little bearing on what the console versions will actually look like, it doesn't matter.

Now that we've (finally!) gotten the real 360 footage trailer, all that stuff is a lot less important to me anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not until it's console software running on console hardware.

As was stated and noted by Nebula and perhaps others, the PC version of the software is from an earlier state and is inconsistent in applying the "console" settings. They seem to be overrides. If they had things configured as "High" or "Ultra High", the "console" settings only override a portion of the settings and not all of them. Likewise the same case if they had things configured as "Low" and then applied "console" settings.

As such, its only relevant to the PC.

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/now-playing/?event=now_playing_crysis_220110216

20 minutes playing live on gamespot, possibly 360 footage

Brit by that token, all the trailers previous in this thread to road rage dont belong here either (it's not exactly certain they are console), but whatever I back down now...

Crytek has gone from media blackout to drowning me in too much footage, lol.

They really have let out a lot of media now, seems a lot more than Bulletstorm was releasing with month to go.

Dang some of this gamespot now playing footage looks really hot (watching now). Check out the view around the 8-9 minute mark, starting at 8:12 to be specific...

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't certain about the road rage stuff either, but at least it's official media from official channels, right?

I agree with you, there's way too much media footage about the game now. It feels as if it's been released and everyone is doing a review.

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/now-playing/?event=now_playing_crysis_220110216

20 minutes playing live on gamespot, possibly 360 footage

Brit by that token, all the trailers previous in this thread to road rage dont belong here either (it's not exactly certain they are console), but whatever I back down now...

Crytek has gone from media blackout to drowning me in too much footage, lol.

They really have let out a lot of media now, seems a lot more than Bulletstorm was releasing with month to go.

Dang some of this gamespot now playing footage looks really hot (watching now). Check out the view around the 8-9 minute mark, starting at 8:12 to be specific...

Not possibly, it is 360 footage, it says so on the title.

But it has that ui popup you get in the Beta when you need to push a button on pc. And dam if your doing a demonstration get the best player you got. The player played kinda bad and slow if you ask me but maybe its his playstyle.

Probably set on the easy difficulty cuz when I tried it, the enemies were much more aggressive.

By the way, am I the only one who think the aliens look and sound like Decepticons?

I agree with you, there's way too much media footage about the game now. It feels as if it's been released and everyone is doing a review.

Though it is a good tactic to drown out attention to leak and also prevent spoilers and leak videos to domiante the internet to much. I can see how much of the Crysis 2 talk in different forums switched from leak to official videos.

Hell, with the deluge of official media, I'm now also afraid to watch even the official videos for fear of running across a spoiler or seeing some REALLY impressive key visual effect on PC that would be spoiled by seeing a video version of it first. So time to stop watching ALL video's now, I think. :p

And then cross my fingers that EA pulls that stick out of their arse and allows it to be sold on Steam, otherwise not buying or playing it. :(

Regards,
SB

Watched the Gamespot video and it looked pretty good. The play spaces were pretty large and love it when shooters give us options. However I was disappointed by the low number of enemies in each area, hoping for some bigger firefights.

Also, I'm hoping the game was set to easy for this video. Even though the guy wasn't the best player IMO, he still dominated. =/

^^ Its probably because it was played on easy that they act like idiots ;)

Anyway...here is HD footage on Youtube,it seems less compressed.
I wonder,there seems to be healthy amount of AF on textures,It certainly does not look bad as MP.IQ also seems to be much improved as i can't notice any jaggies...Sure it's compressed footage but still.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr5lrgHqhIs

But it has that ui popup you get in the Beta when you need to push a button on pc. And dam if your doing a demonstration get the best player you got. The player played kinda bad and slow if you ask me but maybe its his playstyle.
The guy also said that footage was from 360 in the end, when talking about launch date and platforms... I don't think crytek would lie like that so i guess it really is 360 footage. If so, then wow about how they managed to get the game to run smooth and ironed the pop in a lot (still there sometimes, specially the shadows but apparently much improved...)

^^ Its probably because it was played on easy that they act like idiots ;)

Anyway...here is HD footage on Youtube,it seems less compressed.
I wonder,there seems to be healthy amount of AF on textures,It certainly does not look bad as MP.IQ also seems to be much improved as i can't notice any jaggies...Sure it's compressed footage but still.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr5lrgHqhIs

Dunno... Near the end when he is hanging on that crater the road stripes show no AF at all, with the threshold line pretty visible... But other than that, for the entire footage it really looked like some kind of filtering was on.

Is there any chance the Road Rage video be from PC version running in 360 settings ?

I mean than trully running on 360, since looks a bit too good to be true

Back