[360, PS3] Crysis 2

I grow impatient with Crytek these days. With only two months to go and not a single HD direct feed console footage or even screenshot to the public, what is Crytek thinking, let along licensing the engine? Why can't they just say "Be the weapon" trailer was all console footage?
Probably because most of people think thats PC footage and if people think it looks great then they don't need to show what PC can do because that would scare a lot of console guys away.

Probably because most of people think thats PC footage and if people think it looks great then they don't need to show what PC can do because that would scare a lot of console guys away.
No, most people think it's PC footage played with 360 controller or set at console setting. I don't think anyone here would be surprised that be the weapon trailer turned out to be console after all. In fact most people are quite disappointed at what they have shown so far, so now is the time to get things a bit clear, show us the Very high setting vs. each respective console footage.

It does seem a little strange that this close to release, information is about as scarce as a cheap petrol pump! Such a big title aswell. Possible delay maybe? possibly?

Remember GTA 4 ? R* never released a single gameplay video, the very first gameplay videos started emerging a week or two before the game's release which were uploaded by users with leaked copies.

It does seem a little strange that this close to release, information is about as scarce as a cheap petrol pump! Such a big title as well. Possible delay maybe? possibly?

Ehh, a example is bulletstorm, it's coming one month sooner than Crysis 2 (which means just 7 weeks!), and I dont get the impression a ton more footage has been released for that. Of course, that game doesnt have the "is it PC or console" issue by nature, but that's not really it's fault. Anyways, more is coming.

No, most people think it's PC footage played with 360 controller or set at console setting. I don't think anyone here would be surprised that be the weapon trailer turned out to be console after all. In fact most people are quite disappointed at what they have shown so far, so now is the time to get things a bit clear, show us the Very high setting vs. each respective console footage.
Well...I would not exactly agree on new trailer being disappointed for console version but each to its own.But I agree,they should be far more specific,maybe tomorrow there will be something at CES.

To be fair, community managers in Crytek forums rarely have an idea of what's going on. But yeah, that 900p measurement indicates it's the PC version. Comparing it with the 3D trailer shows it's not highest settings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwHbQQAH4S0&hd=1

At the end of that video he says Crysis 2 will be in stereoscopic 3D on all 3 platforms PC, PS3 and X360. I thought X360 did not support stereoscopic 3D as of now! Or will it be anaglyph on X360? Educate me please !

At the end of that video he says Crysis 2 will be in stereoscopic 3D on all 3 platforms PC, PS3 and X360. I thought X360 did not support stereoscopic 3D as of now! Or will it be anaglyph on X360? Educate me please !

Did the 360 just not supported frame packing?
Unlike the ps 3 that has emulated hdmi 1.4 specs.

It does seem a little strange that this close to release, information is about as scarce as a cheap petrol pump! Such a big title aswell. Possible delay maybe? possibly?
I'm okay with that, it reminds me of the old times of video gaming, back in late 90s when people got hyped with a couple of screens and an article in a magazine every month.

But one cannot help curiosity. That tends to be a very natural thing. 8)

More proof imo it's on track for March.

JulietteSierra
I played the last level of #Crysis2 on XBOX360 in a minute ago. Hell I like that level, thats so damn cool in #stereoscopic 3D.

And remember guys, we've actually seen a pretty good deal of Crysis 2 footage. Remember the E3 stuff/single player level?+ Stress test stuff, +Be the Weapon trailer...+Gametrailers Tv reveal ages ago...

I have heard games seem to be trending towards not showing much single player anymore anyway. You look at a game like Black Ops and they show very little SP at all leading to launch as far as I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
[strike]She better dont leak the ending. I do remember a few console centric/multiplatform review sites that tried to spoil the Crysis ending in a subtle way in their reviews.[/strike]

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoever played Crysis for story :LOL:

The gameplay was the priority but IMO the story was good while also avoiding over the top cheesy material that is so common in movies and games. It had a certain maturity like a decent documentary has. Story execution and cutscenes made good flow while keeping it mature. Past first mission and demo mission it builds up with great pace. A stark contrast versus the cheesy and pretty mediocre story in Far Cry (aswell as Gears of War style cheesy dialog). Fortunately the gameplay was so good in FC that each level fellt like a unique mission and challenge and story was never really needed to enjoy game.

Warheads story fellt a bit more cheesy but still good with great direction on cutscenes except overly cheesy british onliners that crept up from time to time.

Crysis Wars story is nill except I win and you loose. :p

Day one of CES up and I have seen nothing.

I wonder if it's not there (yet?) or just nobody bothers handycamming.

I believe it is supposed to be at the Samsung area.

Back