[360, PS3] Crysis 2

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by ultragpu, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

That or perhaps somebody did a misstake by assuming it was PC version when all versions had "changed" date.

2. ShadowWolf64

Regular

I saw the Crysis 2 Salvage trailer and it looks pretty darn nice..my favorite scene is when you see that skyscraper building collapsing..Crysis 2 is a 1 day buy for me....

3. L. Scofield

Veteran

4. dragonelite

Veteran

Now cryteck knows what to do make some nude running mobs fleeing from aliens to get that 100% score.

#724 dragonelite, Jul 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2010
  5. fellix

fellix Hey, You!
    Veteran

6. Rangers

Legend

I'd be more interested in the release date on that retail listing. Something the article omits.

7. Neb

Neb Iron "BEAST" Man
    Legend

Some big well know´n stores over here has it listed to be released November 2010 for all platforms. You have standard version , collectors edition and the special collectors edition with the nanosuit backpack and statue.

8. Nesh

Nesh Double Agent
    Legend

hahaahahahhahaha :lol::lol::lol::lol:

9. L. Scofield

Veteran

10. patsu

Legend

According to this GAF post, Crysis 2 may be delayed to Q1 2011 ?

11. dragonelite

Veteran

Strange first it got forwarded to fall 2010 and now its coming into winter 2010/2011. Oh Ea now i will only buy MoH for bf 3 beta this year..:roll:
    Not sure why they did this maybe cod and halo pressure but releasing Q4 with killzone 3 and Gears 3 dont seems to be a save option either.

12. Rangers

Legend

Seems so :sad: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/03/crysis-2-falls-to-2011-in-ea-financial-report/

Really disappointing, I might have been looking forward to this more than Halo Reach.

It sucks how often games delay and how it seems to take devs forever to make a game.

Not so surprising though, really, little of Crysis 2 has been shown (compare to say, Reach). I was always kind of in unbelief at the fall date.

It wouldn't surpise me to see it get delayed further eventually, until fall 2011 really. Why schedule it against Gears 3 and Killzone 3 in the spring? Plus developers always need more time anyway. Yuck.

I was just hoping maybe they were saving a lot of reveal for Gamescom. Though that could still be the case even with the apparent delay. I know EA at least has a Gamescom presser scheduled.
    Well I guess it's not surprising given the whole framerate problems and "it's running on PC, no 360, no PC" thing at E3.

I'm like you though, my only sure buys this fall were pretty much Reach and Crysis 2. Now it's just Reach.

Reach and Black Ops are really going to clean up now though. With Socom 4's delay also, they have little competition. Being spaced out in Sep and Nov will help them not cannibalize each other as well. They should really clean up saleswise.

#732 Rangers, Aug 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2010
  13. ultragpu

Legend Veteran

It's probably better to push it back a bit so they can have more time to polish and optimize, the graphics is kinda rough atm and somehow I have a feeling they couldn't get the console version running smoothly in time for this year.

14. Rangers

Legend

Rough, really?

The game's graphics are pretty much anything but rough.

15. Richard

Richard Mord's imaginary friend
    Veteran

Don't worry, they're only delaying the PC version because of [strike]piracy[/strike] extra polish for keyboard/mouse.
    I'm only kidding Nebula!

Didn't they say it was running on the 360 when it crashed mid-interview? It's plausible technical issues have had an influence but it could just be them trying to avoid Halo/CoD. The first Crysis was released right smack in the middle of Halo 3/CoD 4 and didn't sell to their expectations.

16. woundingchaney

Regular

I honestly wouldnt release my heavily invested in fps title against the onslaught of the Halo series.

17. ultragpu

Legend Veteran

Cant say about the "supposed" console version though. The fire effect on the destroyed Mech Alien looked rather ugly, blurry textures were quite numerous and the game could really use OMB for the realism boost.

18. Rangers

Legend

Sure. :roll: You can nitpick any game like this. On the whole the graphics are the opposite of rough really.

19. Rangers

Legend

Or COD, or all the huge titles in Q1...

I dont think there's safe time to release anymore really. There's gonna be a COD game every fall, and spring seems to be the new fall in terms of big titles.

Except summer, which I'm telling you, someday somebody is going to figure out is a good time to release a big game...

20. Ruskie

Veteran

Agree with Rangers.If something was good for console IMO were textures.Lighting and fire and explosions were very nice.I agree that per object motion blur would be great but all in all i thought that E3 IGN video looked great.