[360, PS3] Crysis 2

Just noticed the delay is officially official http://www.gametrailers.com/news/crysis-2-pushed-to-2011/2359

According to a statement made to IGN by VP of Corporate Communication Jeff Brown, “We moved to the game to a better marketing window in the March quarter. This will also give the Crytek team more time to polish a great title.”

hmm, the statement seems to point more indeed to marketing rather than unfinished game issues, but who knows.

Sucks! Especially if the game could be ready but was simply delayed for marketing reasons.

Sure. :rolleyes: You can nitpick any game like this. On the whole the graphics are the opposite of rough really.

But that's what we do here right? Seriously I apologize for not being too clear, the game on the whole looks very nice indeed but rough spots like those are rough and if Crytek can improve them upon release, I would be a happy man. The last thing I need is a gimped console version with shitty framerates, rough textures, effects and sub hd res.

Perhaps but the textures looking jarring, middle right.
Just a thought: City would have more unique textures than a jungle, so an art production (time & memory) issue :?: Anyways, it might be worth noting that the consistent lighting examples were featured in a presentation "mostly" about consoles. Actually, in the presentation, they hide the entire bottom right with a zoomed in box of the chrome on the truck. :p

Multiplayer to be showcased at Gamescom. No mention of PS3 version though.

http://www.mycrysis.com/news/crysis_2/crysis_2_gamescom_2010

Published by EASpenser: Aug 14, 2010 / 01:18

Gamescom Cologne is just days away, which means everyone who is attending will get their very first look at Crysis 2’s intense and extensive multiplayer in less than a week!

Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli and Executive Producer Nathan Camarillo (as well as plenty of other Crytek staff) will be in attendance and while it might be difficult to spot them in the massive crowds you won’t be able to miss our massive booth. Within it we’ll have a theater showcasing Crysis 2’s awesome 3D technology and 36 stations running non-stop multiplayer matches throughout the event on both Xbox 360s and PCs.

In a new Gamescom Cryengine 3 video, a Crytek employee states they have a team of 300 working on Crysis 2. Nice! No wonder it looks good.

Back