[360, PS3] Crysis 2

How does this really make sense? Isn't it supposed to be PC> (PS3<>360), from all past Crytek comments and videos?

I believe, they weren't shooting for absolute feature <-> feature parity between 360 and PS3. They want to leverage the strength of both consoles but may or may not have time to do so. So it's possible you'll see features on PS3 not on 360 and features on 360 not on PS3. But again, there might not be time for that, in which case PS3 will probably just end up with as much of the 360 stuff as they can get to work on it.

Regards,
SB

No... Their comments seem to suggest that it was actually the case. "PC, 360 spec" when asked what it was running on is a pretty definitive answer when considered in the context of what their engine can do. It literally means they are running the Xbox 360 build of the game on the PC(something that doesn't make sense in the context of most games, but makes perfect sense in the context of this game given that their engine was designed to allow them to essentially create builds that work on ALL platforms automatically).
Cry-sam doesn't have a clue. When asked what version the screenshots released were, he still has no idea. He's just repeating what's been said on forums.

Cry-sam doesn't have a clue. When asked what version the screenshots released were, he still has no idea. He's just repeating what's been said on forums.

Im pretty sure he knows what he is talking about,he is developer,Cryteks ;) Anyway,he started that "360 or PC with 360 settings" so now everybody are repeating that.

A new interview on the 3D side of crysis 2 with Cevat Yerli.
He doesn't really tells a lot only that they render 1 frame instead of doing 2 frames.

And from what i heard the effect arent that impressive like say killzone 3.
Got that from a dutch game site the 3D impression but they are not that reliable.
One time kinect is shit and the other time it's the shit with them. For the dutch people here im talking about Gamekings and for the other guys they are the ones with the april 1 hddvd for 360slim player joke.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/crytek_magic_prevents_crysis_2_3d_performance_issues.html

Im pretty sure he knows what he is talking about,he is developer,Cryteks ;) Anyway,he started that "360 or PC with 360 settings" so now everybody are repeating that.
That's about the screenshots. And only after the Cevat/IGN incident . He's just an intern, don't expect too much.

I hate when they pixelate a video like that to make it look like a transmission breakup. It reminds me of the screen corruption you get from overclocking a video card.

I can believe that is console footage. It looks decent enough. Hopefully the game is fun to play.

That's about the screenshots. And only after the Cevat/IGN incident . He's just an intern, don't expect too much.
regardless, the Xbox 360 version was shown to the press and looked just like what was presented online.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22080801&postcount=68
aegies said:
I wrote IGN's first E3 Crysis 2 preview, which was the 360 version of the game in 3d. I know it was 360, because they booted it from devkit to game in front of me. It works and it looks quite sharp and effective, though it made a few editors from other outlets feel motion-sick.

Also important to note that he was talking about a 3D demonstration of the game as well.

He then followed that up with this
aegies said:
The difference between the stuff I saw in other games and what I was in Crysis had more to do with subtlety than anything else; the z-plane stuff varied from undetectable to very apparent, but it was the most impressive in terms of verticality; things high up seemed REALLY high up. Dizzyingly so. None of the other 3D titles felt as open as Crysis did, so it's hard to make that comparison.

And I believe them when they say virtually no performance hit. I also played the PC version of the game, and the performance with 3D on and off was identical. There's no reason to think the 360 will be different (and I didn't see any indication as such). As for PS3, they'll finally show that version to the press at Gamescom, so we'll have to wait and see.

As for the no performance hit, he is talking about this

http://www.videogamer.com/news/crytek_magic_prevents_crysis_2_3d_performance_issues.html

They are doing 3D without any performance hit because they only render once.

regardless, the Xbox 360 version was shown to the press and looked just like what was presented online.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22080801&postcount=68

Also important to note that he was talking about a 3D demonstration of the game as well.

He then followed that up with this

As for the no performance hit, he is talking about this

They are doing 3D without any performance hit because they only render once.

Pure Magic.:LOL::LOL:

New trailer supposedly from 360 version.

I'm fully convinced the game will look like that on 360, but I still want to know where the "360 version" cite comes from for the new Marine Salvage trailer?

I mean, it labeled as such on non official-Crytek youtube channels or IGN means pretty much zilch, and the trailer itself doesn't say (shows PC/PS3/360 logos at the end).

Still looks hella hot though. I'm not entirely convinced it's the absolute best looking console game but for me it's at least clearly the best looking FPS.

Are they going to be able to maintain those pretty high resolution particle buffers on PS3?

Hoping for Object motion blur to show up on alteast one of the console ver. shouldn't be that much of an issue with the PS3 I guess considering the SPUs are beastly with post processing.

Yeah, the obbject motion blur is a must and maybe throw in some MLAA, colliding particles as well if they wanna claim the best graphics. Tons of blurry textures from the trailer too, seeing in 720p really shows all the flaws.

I'm fully convinced the game will look like that on 360, but I still want to know where the "360 version" cite comes from for the new Marine Salvage trailer?

I mean, it labeled as such on non official-Crytek youtube channels or IGN means pretty much zilch, and the trailer itself doesn't say (shows PC/PS3/360 logos at the end).

Still looks hella hot though. I'm not entirely convinced it's the absolute best looking console game but for me it's at least clearly the best looking FPS.

Are they going to be able to maintain those pretty high resolution particle buffers on PS3?

I am not certain about the Marine Salvage trailer, but from the looks of it, they just took a bunch of gameplay clips from the E3 build(which was based on/was the Xbox 360 build) and threw them together in a trailer. Maybe it isn't, but it definitely looks like the same build. Plus it definitely has some graphical rough edges that can be noticed...

Hoping for Object motion blur to show up on alteast one of the console ver. shouldn't be that much of an issue with the PS3 I guess considering the SPUs are beastly with post processing.

Couldn't the object motion-blur be possible also on the 360 version? I thought that most MT Framework powered games and TR: Underworld on 360 had object motion-blur.

And about the new "360" trailer IF they can achieve that visual quality on the consoles then it looks awesome..especially the particle effects look amazing - definitely the best I've seen on consoles.

Couldn't the object motion-blur be possible also on the 360 version? I thought that most MT Framework powered games and TR: Underworld on 360 had object motion-blur.

And about the new "360" trailer IF they can achieve that visual quality on the consoles then it looks awesome..especially the particle effects look amazing - definitely the best I've seen on consoles.

Both Mass Effect games also have object motionblur.

Both Mass Effect games also have object motionblur.

It's being a lot of time since I played the first game but I recall seeing something like OMB on Shepard when running but haven't noticed anything at the other characters, moving objects e.t.c....also didn't know that there is an UE3 engine based game that has OMB, hopefully Epic will add this to Gears of War 3.

Back