[360/PS3] Call of Duty: Black Ops

Yes.It's a really dumb and poor game.Never been that much on a rail , IA is completly missing .Plus : way too much gossips( cinematics).
I kinda wonder if this a sign of FPS shooters entering the casual market ?

There are FPS games with much better singeplayer and multiplayer design. I would say that United Offensive was the best in the series, both SP and particularly MP.

And looks like BO plays itself:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the game has just received another update (1.05) and after playing it again and again, I've come to the conclusion that Treyarch is absolutely hopeless. They might know how to make good maps, a more or less balanced gameplay experience - but they most certainly are worthless at fixing match making.

Why in gods name does the game match make myself or my party of two with 99% americans which is at closest aprox. 6000km away? And it's not like we're playing in the middle of the night, but in the early evening with most Europeans active? There were 300'000 users online in TDM for god sake.

As a result - unstable connections, laggy gameplay were the result. Stabbing a guy multiple times in the back with a knife only to watch him turn around and shoot you and then watch the killcam present an entirely different game is not fun.

MW2 had its faults, but the matchmaking wasn't nearly as bad as this is. And yes, we did make changes to the option "Local / Local-only". Connections used to be better, but it's become downright terrible the last couple of weeks.

Where are you from? I just find it odd - we're at the heart of Europe where on average most households have at least 10Mbps internet connection - and yet we keep getting into matches with Americans. I don't recall it being that bad a month ago (although even then there were occasions of just complete mismatches).

And don't get me started on the usual bugs - losing connections, frequent slow downs during the game, inconsistent framerate (especially on a few levels, like the shooting range etc), the game breaking up parties etc...

Haven't had any problems since the lastest update but only played a few games. All I play is zombies...Iam so addicted to the challenge.

Back